ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU1A de facto visa application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

emmag90
Newly Registered

EU1A de facto visa application

Post by emmag90 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Hi there, I'm about to apply for an EU1A de facto visa and was wondering if anyone else on this forum had successfully received one. My circumstances are as follows:
- I'm an Australian citizen
- My partner is a dual Australian/British citizen
- I'm on a working holiday permit (12 mths)
- We've been together 3 yrs 9 mths (Feb 2013)
- We lived together in Australia for 2 yrs
- We don't have any joint accounts except for our bank account in Ireland
- We have travelled several times - in 2013, 2014, and from end of July until current
- We have no dependents
- He has a job and I'm still looking

I was wondering if anyone else had applied for the same and if any additional documents were requested and if so, what were they? I was thinking of providing letters from my old housemates and from my partner's mum who we lived with briefly before going overseas. Should I also include photos? Thanks so much in advance.

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Re: EU1A de facto visa application

Post by SAtoIE » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:21 am

Hi there. We were in a similar position to you. I am British, my partner is South African. Together for 3 years living between SA and the UK, finally coming to Ireland in June this year. Sent our de facto application off at the start of August and she received her work visa (stamp 4) this week!

As for supporting docs, we sent quite a lot. Search for "EU1A explanatory leaflet" on google and it will show you all the supporting documents you need to send. We had about 90% of what they were asking and we were still accepted.

One thing to note: my partner came in on a 90 day holiday (no visa required) not a 12 month work permit like yourself.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:06 pm

If you have evidence of having lived together for a period of 2 years, the department will classify you as such.

See Form EU1A Guide.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

WALSHCASTRO
Newly Registered

Post by WALSHCASTRO » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:44 pm

Hey!!! i applied for that visa last year and was successful, I sent a cd with folders separating year by year (ex:2012-2013, etc.) with pictures, stamps in Passports, screen shots of messages in facebook and pictures posted that show the dates we posted them, if you have bills that show the same address also Works and in general everything you think is relevant to prove that you have been together for a long time.
We didn’t send any joint bank account details as we don’t have one, or any property that belong to both of us.
My boyfriends also wrote a letter telling the story of our relationship and I did the same. That’s all we sent all was good.

emmag90
Newly Registered

Post by emmag90 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:57 pm

Thank you all for your replies! Very helpful :) Cheers

ChloeWard
Newly Registered

Post by ChloeWard » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:53 pm

Hi there,
I'm hoping someone can help me.. I submitted my EU1A application 1 month ago by post.. I am a deficit partner of an British National. I submitted 95% of the relevant documentation so I am not too concerned about refusal.\
My major concern is that I submitted the application by normal post. The explanatory leaflet did not indicate it needed to be registered post so I went ahead and submitted. But since then I have seen an article or two indicating it needed to be by registered post/ Can anyone confirm this urgently please?? As I will then have to resubmit everything urgently. I put a return address on my envelope in the hope that if it was a problem it would be sent back but I have not received it. I have contacted burgh quay with no success, simply trying to find out if my application was atlas received..

I hope someone can assist me with this query.
Thank you