ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU4FAM (people who applied recently)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ch123

Re: EU4FAM (people who applied recently)

Post by ch123 » Sun May 31, 2015 11:17 pm

gorgeous wrote:Hi guys,

Applied on 27th Nov and got my response on the deadline, of course! 27th of May. Didn't have time to go to the immigration to renew for Stamp4EUFAM yet though...

Hey Congratulations.
Okay. So I shouldn't keep my hopes high for an early decision.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:15 am

ch123 wrote:Hey. Isn't the application number the same as the one mentioned on the letters they sent us e.g stamp 4 letter? I was looking through the decisions and they seem to have put application numbers randomly. Also if the application number's the same as on the letters then a lot of people who are supposed to get decision after us have already got theirs. This is really confusing.
The application numbers are confusing. The main reason is that the visa decisions are for all types of visas, including visitor visas etc. which only takes about 6 weeks to be processed. Apart from that I don't think the numbers are fully sequential at all.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

Well lads, we can't do much other than to keep calm n relax till our deadline.

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:14 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the information posted here, I have been following your post for quiet sometime and I can see many people who are in the same situation as I am. I applied to DOJ in December and got my temporary stamp 4 till mid June. They asked for employer documents again from this year which I already sent them few weeks ago. They sent me an acknowledgement letter regarding that but haven't got a reply from them since. My visa expires this month on 22nd and I am worried that I will be asked to provide visa documents at work. do they generally take this long or has anybdy got any information that is of any help.... appreciate you guys taking time to post information.

Cheers,

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Chucknourish wrote:Hi All,

Thanks for the information posted here, I have been following your post for quiet sometime and I can see many people who are in the same situation as I am. I applied to DOJ in December and got my temporary stamp 4 till mid June. They asked for employer documents again from this year which I already sent them few weeks ago. They sent me an acknowledgement letter regarding that but haven't got a reply from them since. My visa expires this month on 22nd and I am worried that I will be asked to provide visa documents at work. do they generally take this long or has anybdy got any information that is of any help.... appreciate you guys taking time to post information.

Cheers,
Do not worry, some applications are processed before the due date but most go almost to the 6 month deadline. They will not go over this as it is a breah of the European Directive
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:20 am

Thank you for your reply....... Fingers crossed...!! Hop for the best.

Cheers

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:31 pm

It's now almost a week past the 6 month deadline, and no decision. Anyone else had their application processed late recently?

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:07 pm

Email them and ask them why they haven't processed your application and tell them if you don't get any reply or a decision within 10 days you will contact your solicitor and precede further with legal action.
Cheers !

DiegoUK

Post by DiegoUK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:10 am

Subu, that's a rather drastic bit of advice isn't it? Do you generally find it useful to be insistent and aggressive to public officials? Do you think the best option is to recommend the same to those seeking advice? Perhaps you should also suggest he send a bribe to the official?

Kokey, the time is short for a ceremony so I'm sure the office is absolutely popping with activity. My best advice is to email and ask for an update, politely.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:03 am

I told them I'll be sending a crowd of aggressive immigrants over there to sort them out if they don't give me what I want.

Just joking. I think it could be a mistake on their side, so I'll first bring it to their attention to give them a chance to fix it first before resorting to get all legal on them.

DiegoUK

Post by DiegoUK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:22 am

Image:¬))

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:26 am

Just after sending off a letter with a bit more documentation and a note to remind them that six months is over, the postman arrived with a letter stating that the application has been approved. Good thing we didn't threaten to send in the heavies ;-)

DiegoUK

Post by DiegoUK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:36 am

lol :)

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:55 pm

Still waiting on...... seems like this wait is gonna never end.... its 3 more days to my 6 months... don't know what to do? can you guys advise on how to approach on this?

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:25 pm

Chucknourish wrote:Still waiting on...... seems like this wait is gonna never end.... its 3 more days to my 6 months... don't know what to do? can you guys advise on how to approach on this?
Judging from my experience, you'll probably get your letter on the 6 month date or a few days later. I think the INIS Visa Decisions page gets updated on Tuesdays, so you can check on there if you haven't received a decision. If not, I think it might be a better idea to get in contact with them by phone or e-mail first, just to make sure they haven't actually sent something out yet before you need to escalate it through lawyers, Solvit, EU complaints etc. Hang in there, I know how it feels, it's like you have to put your future on hold until you get some certainty.

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:08 pm

Thanks for your detailed and a matured suggestion, I'll wait until tuesday and then contact them via solicitor. Thanks again for the suggestion.

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Any recent updates on EUfam lads. Anyone who got his 5years stamp anytime soon?

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:32 pm

just a Quick update.... received my letter monday for 5 years... went to GNIB on Wednesday and registered in just 30 mins... quiet quick process time.. Impressed!!! & NEVER HAD AN INSTANCE WHEN A GNIB OFFICER SAID HAVE A GREAT DAY :) Best of luck for the guys waiting on the decision :)

ch123

Post by ch123 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:41 am

Chucknourish wrote:just a Quick update.... received my letter monday for 5 years... went to GNIB on Wednesday and registered in just 30 mins... quiet quick process time.. Impressed!!! & NEVER HAD AN INSTANCE WHEN A GNIB OFFICER SAID HAVE A GREAT DAY :) Best of luck for the guys waiting on the decision :)

Hey congrats.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Nice one, Chucknourish. We went on Thursday and had to wait over 2 hours, but the GNIB people were very nice.

Chucknourish
Newly Registered

Post by Chucknourish » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:48 pm

kokey wrote:Nice one, Chucknourish. We went on Thursday and had to wait over 2 hours, but the GNIB people were very nice.

Congrats!!! :-) & best of luck to others waiting on their process... Hang in there!!!!!

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:49 pm

HI

Just a quick update

i was waiting for a decision as it was due in June but department send me letter that they are so busy and can not make decision now and they are extending the temporary stay for 4 months.

So don't know whats going on !!!

Subu29
Newly Registered

Post by Subu29 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:53 pm

thats weird. never heard that they delay the process and extend temp. visa. some of the lads got thr 5yrs stamp few weeks ago.

kokey
Newly Registered

Post by kokey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:35 pm

malik0543 wrote: i was waiting for a decision as it was due in June but department send me letter that they are so busy and can not make decision now and they are extending the temporary stay for 4 months.
While I can appreciate that they are busy, it's in breach of the EU directive (and also Irish law implementing it) and it's not like they didn't know for six months that this date is coming. I would have been very annoyed, because it's hard to impossible to apply for visas to travel to another country when you are on a temporary stamp, and the uncertainty is really distressing.

I would first contact Solvit and also write INIS a polite letter reminding them of the 6 months stated in the EU directive and Irish regulations.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 am

malik0543 wrote:HI

Just a quick update

i was waiting for a decision as it was due in June but department send me letter that they are so busy and can not make decision now and they are extending the temporary stay for 4 months.

So don't know whats going on !!!
Wow! As Kokey said, this is a breach of the EU directive law. If I were you I definitely would complain to Solvit about your situation. They shouldn't extend for 4 months if they knew they had to process your application within 6 months.

To be honest in my case, they sent me a letter exactly on the due date of my application. I had already made a complaint in case of not getting my visa in six months. But in the end I never sent it.