ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Excersising EU treaty rights in Ireland with Ukrainian wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pellegrinelli

Excersising EU treaty rights in Ireland with Ukrainian wife

Post by Pellegrinelli » Sat May 23, 2015 10:02 am

Hi
I am UK citizen, soon to be married to my Ukrainian fiancée. We are now in UK, but will soon return to Ukraine to get married at the end of June.
I want to excersise my EU treaty rights in Ireland so that my future wife and I can be together, and then come back to England with EEA family permit, and if possible I would like some clarification on a few things.

When my wife will apply for an Irish visa, will it be the type C tourist visa? That she can then swap for a residency card after 90 days in order to stay in Ireland a few more months?

Also, in order for her to get this visa, do I have to be already in Ireland working and with apartment? Or can we both travel to Ireland together and then find work/apartment later?

And finally, is there any way we can go to Ireland and get her a residency card so she can stay longer than 90 days, but with her current UK visa? Instead of re-applying for an Irish visa?

Sorry for asking so many questions...we just want to do everything possible so that we don't have to live apart for months on end.

I may not have gotten everything correct, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks

PrestonLancs

Re: Excersising EU treaty rights in Ireland with Ukrainian w

Post by PrestonLancs » Mon May 25, 2015 1:46 pm

Pellegrinelli wrote:Hi
I am UK citizen, soon to be married to my Ukrainian fiancée. We are now in UK, but will soon return to Ukraine to get married at the end of June.
I want to excersise my EU treaty rights in Ireland so that my future wife and I can be together, and then come back to England with EEA family permit, and if possible I would like some clarification on a few things.

When my wife will apply for an Irish visa, will it be the type C tourist visa? That she can then swap for a residency card after 90 days in order to stay in Ireland a few more months?

Irish visa application is initially made online. She has to choose type C, single entry, and then from drop down menue "family member of EU/EEA/Swiss cit (spouse). Once both of you arrive in Ireland, and after you have started to work in Ireland, your wife can apply for 5 years residency by using form EU1. While she is waiting for a decision on EU1 application, she will get a 6 months stamp to see her thorough to full 5 years residency stamp.

Also, in order for her to get this visa, do I have to be already in Ireland working and with apartment? Or can we both travel to Ireland together and then find work/apartment later?

You can both travel to Ireland together, and then do what you want in Ireland. There is no need for you to be in Ireland beforehand. In the online application, where it asks for your address in Ireland, simply write "Not Applicable" or "Not applicable for spouse of EU citizen"

And finally, is there any way we can go to Ireland and get her a residency card so she can stay longer than 90 days, but with her current UK visa? Instead of re-applying for an Irish visa?

Don't try to use silly shortcuts. Get an Irish visa. Its free.

Sorry for asking so many questions...we just want to do everything possible so that we don't have to live apart for months on end.

I may not have gotten everything correct, so please correct me if I'm wrong. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks

Pellegrinelli

Re: Excersising EU treaty rights in Ireland with Ukrainian w

Post by Pellegrinelli » Tue May 26, 2015 11:26 am

Thank You for your help