ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty rights

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jimmiesettler
Newly Registered

Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty rights

Post by jimmiesettler » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:21 am

Hi
My wife is a British Citizen and I am a South African citizen, we are currently in South Africa. We are planning to move to Dublin on the basis of my UK wife exercising her treat rights. We might do Surinder Singh in the end, but we want to give Ireland a chance and might decide to live there instead of the UK.

There is a chance that my Father will be getting a Tier 2 Visa to work in the UK, but if that falls through - Can he and my Mom come join us in Ireland as they will be family members of the EU Citizen exercising her treaty rights in Ireland ? If so, on what basis can that be true - dependency ? And how will I prove that ? Must they live with us in Ireland (as South Africans can enter Ireland without a Visa) and must my wife pay money into an Irish bank account, or does she have to already be paying money to them whilst they are still in South Africa ? How many statements need to be shown ?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help received.

jimmiesettler
Newly Registered

Re: Family members of British Citizen exercising treaty righ

Post by jimmiesettler » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:40 pm

Anyone ? No-one ? :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :D :D