ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family members of EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nahmede
Newly Registered

Family members of EU

Post by Nahmede » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:18 pm

Hello,

I found this Forum very helpful and I hope to get some expert advise here.

I am a British Citizen living in the UK now. I am planing to move to Ireland to exercise Treaty rights for my below situation.

I got recently Married and my wife is in India. I am planing to bring my Wife and her two brothers to Ireland. My father-in-law had passed away 18 years ago and since then their family is supported by extended family members. Now that I am married to my wife, I am supporting them and want to bring them along with me to Ireland to exercise treaty rights. Is it possible?? I do not have any proof for financially supporting them. Should I start accumulating some. If so what would they be (like back statements of funds transfer etc and for how long) ?

I am planing to go to India and travel along with them at the time of their travel (if all goes well).

For wife's visa
I can provide marriage certificate which is proof enough to get her case through. Correct me if i am wrong?

For brother-in-law's visa
I have my marriage certificate to prove relationship to my wife (and obviously her family), my wife's birth certificate and my brother-in-law's birth certificate to prove their relationship. Other than this, what are the documents that I and my brother-in-law needs to provide in order to get a visa under EU directive.

I have read through the below link

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... 20citizens

It states that the existence of the required family relationship to that citizen including where relevant dependency or membership of the household,

As per above statement, is it enough that i prove that my brother-in-law is a membership of the household and do not have to compulsorily prove the dependency as it is either-or?

If so how do i prove the membership of the household for my brother-in-law?

Has someone applied through this route? Please refer me to that thread if one exists.

Expert advise in this regard is much appreciated.

Cheers,
N