ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family move to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gedk66

Family move to Ireland

Post by Gedk66 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:46 am

Hello, we are a family of four wanting to move to Ireland. Myself and our two children are Irish citizens/passport holders and my wife is a Colombian/Non EEA visa required. We are currently living overseas outside of Europe.

We would like to know what would be the best way for us to relocate to Ireland. What visa does my wife require and what accompanying papers should we provide? How long roughly would the process take? We will start a small business upon being granted permission to enter and will have sufficient funds to provide accommodation and health insurance. As I wouldn't have a job to begin with, would this be a problem for the application?

Any information and or advice would be greatly appreciated. Also, can you recommend a good immigration lawyer to assist with the application please?

Kind regards..

Ged.

Gedk66

Re: Family move to Ireland

Post by Gedk66 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:54 am

Really???? Nobody has any suggestions or advice?

Please people I really need some help.

kimbp
Newly Registered

Post by kimbp » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:21 pm

A pity no one has any help. I am in more or less the same situation and also need help and guidance. Here's hoping you get some!

coketero

Post by coketero » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:23 pm

You can move to Ireland with your family anytime, once your wife is here, you can apply using the FORM EU1, since initially you won't have a job you will be asked to provide some evidence that you can support yourself and your family such as health insurance and bank statements and a letter from social welfare indicating you have not claimed any benefits (all this info is in the form). You will be asked to provide a marriage certificate and some other documents.

The process takes between 4 - 6 months but as a few weeks after you submit your documents your wife will be granted a temporary (6 months) Stamp 4, which will allow her to work here.

I hope that helps.

Gedk66

Post by Gedk66 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks 'Coketero'..

My wife, children and I will want to travel together. I mean I don't want to be separated from my wife/kids whilst we await a decision on her visa.

As for her Visa, I was told she should apply for a D join spouse visa, so if I'm understanding your response correctly, once we arrive on that visa, we can then apply using the EU1 form?

The evidence etc won't be a problem, or the financial support. What we won't have initially is an address in the State, although we can arrange rental prior to us arriving but this we'd prefer to do once in the country, rather than over the internet-we'd like to view before we commit to a contract to rent etc. Do you think this is a problem and insurmountable?

Many thanks again..

Gedk66

coketero

Post by coketero » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:20 am

Gedk66 wrote:Thanks 'Coketero'..

My wife, children and I will want to travel together. I mean I don't want to be separated from my wife/kids whilst we await a decision on her visa.

As for her Visa, I was told she should apply for a D join spouse visa, so if I'm understanding your response correctly, once we arrive on that visa, we can then apply using the EU1 form?

The evidence etc won't be a problem, or the financial support. What we won't have initially is an address in the State, although we can arrange rental prior to us arriving but this we'd prefer to do once in the country, rather than over the internet-we'd like to view before we commit to a contract to rent etc. Do you think this is a problem and insurmountable?

Many thanks again..

Gedk66
My personal advice to you would be for you to come first and find a place to live, once you have found a place you should bring your family, is not that easy to find a decent place to rent in Ireland so unless you have a temporary place to stay for all of you, you should come first and start to arrange things to bring your family to live with you.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:26 pm

An EU1 form should not be used when Ged arrives as Ged is an Irish citizen. EU1 foms refer to EU Treaty Rights applications where an EU citizen (not Irish) is residing in the State with a non-EU family member. Once Ged has arrived in the State, his wife can apply to Spouse of Irish National Section.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

Gedk66

Post by Gedk66 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks for replying folks...

We are fortunate enough to be able to rent somewhere 'unseen' if this means it would be acceptable to the Immigration people. We intend to buy a property either way so, prior to that we'd be renting anyway.

From my understanding, my wife needs a join spouse D visa, and then once in the state can apply to Spouse of Irish National dept. along wit all the necessary paperwork- marriage cert, passport, rental agreement, financial proof etc..

Does this sound right?

Cheers..

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:05 pm

It does indeed Ged. I'll be talking to you by email i'm sure and best of luck with the move

jimmy110
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy110 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:48 pm

if you and ur kids are Irish citizen then u will need to apply in national law for ireland and u have to do lots of documentation for that. if u want to move with ur wife and kids together then its better for you to apply under EU treaty rights law and u can get ur wife visa easily under this law of any european union country or UK aswell other than ireland.

Gedk66

Post by Gedk66 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:00 am

Hi Jimmy110,
I thought this didn't apply to us because we are currently resident overseas in the Middle East. I thought we had to present in another EU state and my wife to hold a Resident card of that state?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:57 am

Gedk66 wrote:Hi Jimmy110,
I thought this didn't apply to us because we are currently resident overseas in the Middle East. I thought we had to present in another EU state and my wife to hold a Resident card of that state?
You are correct, the EU rules only apply to your wife if you are moving to another EU country than Ireland, or if you are returning to Ireland after living in another EU country under these rules.

jimmy110
Newly Registered

Post by jimmy110 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:16 am

no u dont have to be in the other member state, u can apply ur visa from anywhere in the world,directive does apply on you. if u need help i will help u out. dont need to worry about that.

Gedk66

Post by Gedk66 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:02 pm

jimmy110 wrote:no u dont have to be in the other member state, u can apply ur visa from anywhere in the world,directive does apply on you. if u need help i will help u out. dont need to worry about that.
Hi Jimmy110..

I'm a little bit more confused now. I was led to believe that as my wife is a Non EU spouse and we are not resident in Europe-we are currently living and working in the middle east- that the EU treaty doesn't apply to our situation. I thought we had to live in an EU country/state and then move to another EU state: Ireland to exercise our EU treaty right?

Please show me where you get your information so I can get on the same page and understand the rules as it were.

Thanks..

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Gedk66 wrote:
jimmy110 wrote:no u dont have to be in the other member state, u can apply ur visa from anywhere in the world,directive does apply on you. if u need help i will help u out. dont need to worry about that.
Hi Jimmy110..

I'm a little bit more confused now. I was led to believe that as my wife is a Non EU spouse and we are not resident in Europe-we are currently living and working in the middle east- that the EU treaty doesn't apply to our situation. I thought we had to live in an EU country/state and then move to another EU state: Ireland to exercise our EU treaty right?

Please show me where you get your information so I can get on the same page and understand the rules as it were.

Thanks..
Ged,

Jimmy110 is incorrect. Don't be confused. Here is the information in fact from the INIS website. See Question 13:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU%20T ... aty_Rights?

If you are still unsure, you can contact the EU Treaty Rights Section at eutreatyrights@justice.ie

I assure you, you are correct.

mgb

Post by mgb » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Living in a other EU country is precondition for the Surrinder Singh route.
In the circumstances of Gedk66 maybe the Zambrano route is possible. Parent (carer) of a child with eu citizenship in the home country of the child.

Gedk66

Post by Gedk66 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:32 am

Leinsterimmig wrote:
Gedk66 wrote:
Hi Jimmy110..

Thanks..
Ged,

Jimmy110 is incorrect. Don't be confused. Here is the information in fact from the INIS website. See Question 13:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU%20T ... aty_Rights?

If you are still unsure, you can contact the EU Treaty Rights Section at eutreatyrights@justice.ie

I assure you, you are correct.

Thanks.. I thought I'd read this before.