ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fermanagh man with non EU fiancé

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

RJF1979

Fermanagh man with non EU fiancé

Post by RJF1979 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello everyone I am new to this forum

I live and work in enniskillen plus I was born here, I have a british passport and will be getting a Irish passport in the next month,

Me &I my Venezuelan fiancé will getting married this year, as it's hard to get married here and in Venezuela.. We are going to get married in Denmark will this go against us when apply for the Republic of Ireland,

I have another question when I move to the south of Ireland could I still work in my job in the Northern Ireland..

Because I don't earn enough in the UK to bring my fiancé here to live with me in the Northern Ireland & UK

Could my Venezuela fiancé/wife work & live with me & how long can she stay for??

I'm all new to this & is very confusing

I hope to here from you soon take care from rory :-)

RJF1979

Re: Fermanagh man with non EU fiancé

Post by RJF1979 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:51 pm

Please help I would be greatful thank you

wannago

Re: Fermanagh man with non EU fiancé

Post by wannago » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi there.Firstly it doesn`t matter where you are married.Also if you want to move to the Republic and at later date return to the UK,do not get an Irish passport.The reasons for this is that it is easier for you to move to the South with your wife as a European Citizen,this means that you will be considered under European law and not Irish national law.
Also if you get an Irish passport you will not be able to use the Surrinder Singh route to return to Northern Ireland.