ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few versions of the online form - annoying!

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ginger78
Newly Registered

Few versions of the online form - annoying!

Post by ginger78 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Hi.

I submitted my application on 15/9/14 and only now noticed I submitted the version from 2013

This is really annoying! When you search for it online, you get it first in the search results from an inis.com website!
Why havent they removed that form??

I easily got confused and filled out that form instead of the newer version simply because i wasn't aware there is newer version!!

How stupid is that, changing forms like that, and not removing the old forms from their website (if they did, it would have been removed also from the search results!)

Since I'm know angry and frustrated, I'm seeking for advise. Shall I just send them the form all over again? Shall I just send a document with the missing questions? (think they only added 2 questions)

Thanks !

saad786

Re: Few versions of the online form - annoying!

Post by saad786 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:22 pm

@ginger78
I did the same mistake.. Don`t worry they will come back to you after first letter that you have to answer the two questions for which you didn`t provide the answer.... I knew this situation..... I got annoyed as well.... Don`t worry they won`t reject your application on that basis..... Best of luck with your application

ginger78
Newly Registered

Post by ginger78 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:26 pm

Thank you saad!

This is so nerve breaking so I'm happy to see I'm not alone!

Would you recommend me to send these two answers in Advance?

One of them is about the 6 weeks absence, which I plan to be honest and say the truth (one work assignment of 3 months). I read in other posts not to play around with INIS on this one, so I will say the truth.

What is the other question they asked you?

Thanks so much!

saad786

Post by saad786 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

well yes I was asked the same question by the inis dept regarding 6 weeks absense from the state. I made them clear that I was also away for more then 6 weeks.

Well you can send them upfront I think there is no harm. The only thing I would like to say regarding sending the information upfront is only once you can the application number allocated to you after first acknowledgement letter. It is because if you send the information now it surely will get lost and the Inis department won`t be able to trace that without the application number.

It surely will save their time of sending that request and start waiting for it from you. Please do mention in the application letter that you for some reasons couldn`t send them the updated version hence now sending the answers separately. you can photocopy that particular page section 5.6 tick that to yes also answer the other question as well and attach the application with it.
I am sure they`ll appriciate that you sent them the missing information upfront...
best of luck with your application

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:45 pm

wait until they come back to you with letter asking for these details (they will enclose the pages they want you to update and they will put your application number on these pages). if you send now, you will confuse them trying to locate your application so they will disregard it.. its better to act accordingly.. you never know, if they miss it (highly unlikely) it will save you almost a month of delay

Ps NEVER argue whose fault it is - just resubmit the papers once asked for them, with NOTHING else. they hate to be challenged.. the copies they will enclose have your application number, so no need to write a cover letter unless they ask for written clarification.. it makes better sense to copy their letter and enclose that copy with the forms you updated.
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

johnnieboy

Post by johnnieboy » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:51 pm

banana07 wrote:wait until they come back to you with letter asking for these details (they will inclose the pages they want you to update and they will put your application number on these pages). if you send now, you will confuse them trying to locate your application so they will disregard it.. its better to act accordingly.. you never know, if they miss it (highly unlikely) it will save you almost a month of delay
I think there's no harm in sending info upfront... if another guy got it already, most likely you will too

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:08 am

@banana07 I can only agree with you what you have just said :)

ginger78
Newly Registered

Post by ginger78 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:16 am

I'm not sure I follow...

I do want to do the right thing, which will maybe help speeding things up...

Shall I just give them a call tomorrow and ask? I mean, its most likely they will come back and ask that question. Is there any reason why I should not send these documents ahead? I already have a reference number they can track, so why would it be a problem to send the form with the answers and further details?

Thanks a million!!
Ginger

saad786

Post by saad786 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:33 am

I think if you have already the reference number then I think there is no harm in sending the missing piece of information. Do state the reason that you missed that information.... I am sure they are going to come back to you if you don`t send this information by saying "you have to provide the missing information in the form"....
It will speed up the process since in my case I am still waiting for the next communication from them since 3 weeks...Best of luck with your application...