ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration- Documentation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Foreign Birth Registration- Documentation

Post by sensitivesoul » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:14 am

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and their applications are going ok. I am going to be sending mine in soon too. So was hoping to see from you if I have all the documents I need.
Here's the list I have so far:
1.My Long form Birth certificate (Soon to get a notarized copy)
2. Two different letters from my bank for Proof of address along with a bank statement( Soon to get a Notarized copy)
3. Notarized copy of my expired drivers license (hopefully it's ok that it's expired!)
4. Notarized copy of my passport

For Mom:
1. Long form birth certificate (Soon to be notarized)
2. Long Form Marriage Certificate (soon to be notarized)
3. Notarized copy of I.D. (Driver's license)
4. Notarized Copy of Passport

For Pappa(grandfather, who I am claiming through):
1.Long Form Birth certificate- Plus Notarized copy
2.Long for Marriage certificate (soon to be notarized)
3. Death certificate- plus notarized copy

Will also be getting the two oaths signed in front of the notary public as well. Also have an appointment next week for my Doctor to sign the witness section along with the passport photo's. Am I missing anything? Am also inserting a cover letter saying if they have any problems with anything to let me know. Am also making photocopies of everything for them.. So with all of that you'de think I'de be ok right?... I'm nervous lol :oops: .

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:29 am

you dont have to provide everything what you already mention.your passport copy,marriage certificate,birthceritifcate only need notary.all the details are here.passport copy,marriage cert,birth cert,residence calculatar,gnib card,p60 or p21,3 refrences,bank statment last 3 months,letter from job or school/college,payslips last 3 months,175 euro draft

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Post by sensitivesoul » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:59 am

IQU wrote:you dont have to provide everything what you already mention.your passport copy,marriage certificate,birthceritifcate only need notary.all the details are here.passport copy,marriage cert,birth cert,residence calculatar,gnib card,p60 or p21,3 refrences,bank statment last 3 months,letter from job or school/college,payslips last 3 months,175 euro draft
Ah k, but do I still need the payslips and the letter from my job if I'm apply for citizenship through decent? Will be applying through my Grandfather(born in Ireland) from over here in Canada so thought that might be a bit different than the naturalization process and the documents i need.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:52 am

sorry i did not read you are apply based on yours grandfather.so in this case you dont need payslips but you need police clearance from canadain govt.good luck there is link www.justice.ie

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Post by sensitivesoul » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:10 am

IQU wrote:sorry i did not read you are apply based on yours grandfather.so in this case you dont need payslips but you need police clearance from canadain govt.good luck there is link www.justice.ie
No problem IQU :) just thankful for the help. Now by police clearance do you mean a criminal records check? Or is it something different? I've never heard of it before so am not sure :oops: .

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Yes, you do need a police clearance/ criminal check documentation.

See: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000024

This about gives you a clearer picture:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... tml#ld1a9a

Malika

Re: Foreign Birth Registration- Documentation

Post by Malika » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:39 pm

sensitivesoul wrote:Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well and their applications are going ok. I am going to be sending mine in soon too. So was hoping to see from you if I have all the documents I need.
Here's the list I have so far:
1.My Long form Birth certificate (Soon to get a notarized copy)
2. Two different letters from my bank for Proof of address along with a bank statement( Soon to get a Notarized copy)
3. Notarized copy of my expired drivers license (hopefully it's ok that it's expired!)
4. Notarized copy of my passport

For Mom:
1. Long form birth certificate (Soon to be notarized)
2. Long Form Marriage Certificate (soon to be notarized)
3. Notarized copy of I.D. (Driver's license)
4. Notarized Copy of Passport

For Pappa(grandfather, who I am claiming through):
1.Long Form Birth certificate- Plus Notarized copy
2.Long for Marriage certificate (soon to be notarized)
3. Death certificate- plus notarized copy

Will also be getting the two oaths signed in front of the notary public as well. Also have an appointment next week for my Doctor to sign the witness section along with the passport photo's. Am I missing anything? Am also inserting a cover letter saying if they have any problems with anything to let me know. Am also making photocopies of everything for them.. So with all of that you'de think I'de be ok right?... I'm nervous lol :oops: .
I am a bit confused here, forgive my ignorance. Will the foreign registration lead to Citizenship? from what I gather on the INIS website you are entitled to Irish Citizenship through your Grandparent( through descent). You only have to prove that link. Naturalisation is what most people here go through (including yours truly!)
Citizens Information has all the info.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/mo ... scent.html

Ignore my ignorance, I have been suitably informed from above link!
Anyway, all the best!
'If you compare yourself to others,you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself'............DESIDERATA

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:37 pm

yes you still need police clearence. irish govt still checkthe applicant previous history before granting the irish citizenship

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:14 pm

IQU wrote:yes you still need police clearence. irish govt still checkthe applicant previous history before granting the irish citizenship
NOT for Foreign Birth Registration.

sensitivesoul
Newly Registered

Post by sensitivesoul » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:49 pm

JAJ wrote:
IQU wrote:yes you still need police clearence. irish govt still checkthe applicant previous history before granting the irish citizenship
NOT for Foreign Birth Registration.
Yea found that out once I called the Embassy :) . Was happy because I could just finish filling it out and send it. Now I just have to wait for my birth to be registered and I'm good to go.. Oh and after my passport lol. :D