ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Birth Registration witness?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mochi
Newly Registered

Foreign Birth Registration witness?

Post by mochi » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

I am prepping to sum it my application for the Foreign Births Registration. I am applying by descent and have all of the required documentation ready but I am stuck at the last point Which requires a witness for my signing and the sign the photos.

The thing is I just moved to the UK earlier this year and don it "personally" know a doctor, police officer, member of the clergy, solicitor, judge, school principal, etc.

Can anyone offer any advice on this point and what possible options I have to get this done and submitted? Appreciate any advice or helpful information. Thank you.

noajthan

Re: Foreign Birth Registration witness?

Post by noajthan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:34 pm

You should be cultivating such contacts as you are clearly aware you need someone to vouch for you.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

dublin3
- thin ice -

Post by dublin3 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:07 pm

they don't personally need to know you. you can be identified to any of them by producing your valid photo ID.
If you have the printed form with you go to section E that clearly states

I certify that the declarant (i.e. parent/guardian) is personally known to me, OR she/he has been identified to me by

Hope that helps

h0b0
Newly Registered

Post by h0b0 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:44 am

No, it is not enough to show your id to the witness for FBR.
The guidance says:

* The witness must personally know the applicant or parent of applicant if under 18 years.
* If applicant /parent is being identified to the witness by a third party, the third party must be personally known to both witness and applicant/ parent

if you don't know a suitable witness then ask good friends and relatives if you they do. For me, my mum new a priest. I had to explain to the priest what his declaration would be and that he didn't need to know me personally. Once he understood that he was happy to help. I was very grateful. :)

thisisalan
Newly Registered

Post by thisisalan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am

Hi, does anyone know if there is a minimum period of time which either the applicant must be know to the witness, or the witness known to the third party or indeed the applicant known to the third party? I cannot see any time period mentioned on either the form or the website.
The only time period mentioned is 2 years which applies to applicants who have changed their name.
Thank you!

Wavey

Post by Wavey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm

It is not a requirement to personally know the applicant as a witness and there is no length of time required to know each other. You simply need to get someone in one of the currently accepted professions (I stress they are currently employed and NOT retired). If you are in the state the Garda Síochána can do it for you.

W

joaovitorcte
Newly Registered

Post by joaovitorcte » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:29 pm

The online application form doesn't have a section D and E, where should it be witnessed?

MickByNameAndNature
Mood:

Post by MickByNameAndNature » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 pm

joaovitorcte wrote:The online application form doesn't have a section D and E, where should it be witnessed?
You have to print the application after you submit it online. The version you print includes the extra sections.