ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form EU 1 & 6-month stamp: must EU national be present?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DanielMeyers
Newly Registered

Form EU 1 & 6-month stamp: must EU national be present?

Post by DanielMeyers » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:16 am

I've submitted my dossier to the EU Treaty Rights office and am now just waiting for any form of correspondence from the office.

If a 6-month temporary stamp is issued to me, must my partner be present with me at that time or is it only necessary at the end if the application is approved? My partner travels for work so I'm wondering if this should be a concern of ours.

Thanks in advance.

jeupsy

Re: Form EU 1 & 6-month stamp: must EU national be present?

Post by jeupsy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 am

Yes, your partner needs to be present for your temporay stamp 4 (and the 5 years one) to be issued.

DanielMeyers
Newly Registered

Post by DanielMeyers » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:42 pm

I know it's true for the 5-year stamp, but are you certain about the 6-month one? I spoke to someone who did a Form EU 1 2 years ago and he was pretty sure he went alone, or maybe had his partner's passport with him for the temp stamp.

Thanks for the reply.

coketero

Post by coketero » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:29 am

The EU partner MUST be present for both stamps. That is clearly indicated in the letter.

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 am

The EU citizen must be present for the temporary stamp 4 permission registration at GNIB. If they are not, it raises suspicions about the application
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:38 am

The is no doubt about it - the letter stating you are granted the temporary stamp 4 will specify that the EU citizen must come with you and bring a proof of ID.

It makes sense if you think about it - it is a way for them to verify that the EU citizen is indeed in the country and supporting the application.