ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FOUR WEEK DEADLINE EXCEEDED (EU APPLICATION)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

FOUR WEEK DEADLINE EXCEEDED (EU APPLICATION)

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Pls can anyone guide me on what to do? My join EU spouse visa application to Ireland has not been issued. No news from them and the four week maximum processing time for the accelerated process has elapsed.

What is the next step to take ?

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: FOUR WEEK DEADLINE EXCEEDED (EU APPLICATION)

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:13 am

The average processing time is between 6 to 8 weeks according to DOJ. However the reality is completely different, it could take between 9 to 12 weeks.

Good Luck

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Hi,

I have no personal experience yet but have read bout ppl who have sent an email to the embassy to find out y its taking so long. Its worth a try. If u don't mind me asking what country did u apply for d visa

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Re: FOUR WEEK DEADLINE NOT EXCEEDED (EU APPLICATION)

Post by Happygoluckky » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:09 am

Hi adedayoh,

Came back here to feed u back.

I got the response today which is exactly 4 weeks from the day I submitted. I got the visa, my daughter and I. It's a sHort stay C visa which we will extend when we get in. You can check Inis website for this.

I applied from Nigeria. After two settlement visa refusals from the UK and over half a million in naira down the drain, not to talk of the agony and all, my family can finally be together.

I submitted far above they required seeing as I had been through the rigors of UKBA. But in the end, it has been worth it.

Pls feel free to ask anything you want to. I will respond as soon as I can and to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers xx

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 am

Hi happy,

I am so happy for you, my husband went to submit his application and stupid vfs staffs are telling him he supposed to select visiting as the purpose for travel. I told him to insist he's join eea spouse. The requirement for visiting is different. I had to call vfs office from London. Spoke to the manager and am so upset right now, they confuse ppl mess up the application and give the embassy an easy way out. He applied at vfs Abuja. He's still there right now am hoping they sort it. Have told him it's not visiting. It's a short stay visa to join eea national spouse.

Prince_irl

Post by Prince_irl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi,

I have same saturation I applied in first week of July and I m still waiting for my wife spouse visa. It is more then 12 weeks now.

Now I did complain to Solvit. They contact me asked for few additional documents and now fwd my case to solvit ireland. Let's see what will be the out come. Just keep checking ini web site on every Tuesday. All the best
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

Prince_irl

Post by Prince_irl » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:08 pm

I think just contact to SOLVIT I m sure I will be sort out within week or so and this service is free :)
application sent...18/01/2016
paymen taken 21/01/2016
biomatics letter...03/02/2016 (dated 28/01/2016)
biomatrics given 07/02/2016
COA with work 15/02/2016
Passport back request 10/02/2016
passport back......20/02/2016
RC Arrive....4/08/2016

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:49 pm

Thanks, adedayoh.

So how did it go with your husband?

On my visa , duration of stay is xx, not 90 days as with tourist visa. Cos I can apply for family permit. Pls don't let them sell him short.

Let me know. Sorry haven't been online all day.
adedayoh wrote:Hi happy,

I am so happy for you, my husband went to submit his application and stupid vfs staffs are telling him he supposed to select visiting as the purpose for travel. I told him to insist he's join eea spouse. The requirement for visiting is different. I had to call vfs office from London. Spoke to the manager and am so upset right now, they confuse ppl mess up the application and give the embassy an easy way out. He applied at vfs Abuja. He's still there right now am hoping they sort it. Have told him it's not visiting. It's a short stay visa to join eea national spouse.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:59 am

Hey happy,
We finally got it sorted, it took calling the embassy for the ignorant vfs staffs to accept the join eea application. Fingers crossed the embassy won't take forever to get bk to us. Will update you when he gets it. When r u n ur daughter travelling to Ireland.

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:17 pm

adedayoh wrote:Hey happy,
We finally got it sorted, it took calling the embassy for the ignorant vfs staffs to accept the join eea application. Fingers crossed the embassy won't take forever to get bk to us. Will update you when he gets it. When r u n ur daughter travelling to Ireland.
@adedayoh,

That's good. Those pple can be funny. I blv they will respond in a month maximum though. Will watch out for ur update.

We are travelling on Saturday. *happydance*. Enough is definitely enough!! :D

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:44 pm

hi happy,

am so upset right, so the stupid ignorant visa officers in Nigeria refused my husbands visa on the fact that he didn't include enough proof that he is joining me.

in the visa application i provided an airline ticket to show that i will be travelling to Dublin from London before him. we included a letter stating that i will be picking him from the airport.

i know the law doesn't require all that but i did it anyway and the stupid visa officer literally decided to breach my right as an eu citizen by saying no.

i intend to send a nasty letter to the embassy, report to solvit and also have my husband appeal the decision.
i will keep you posted on the progress. did you and ur daughter arrive safely in Ireland.

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:42 pm

adedayoh wrote:hi happy,

am so upset right, so the stupid ignorant visa officers in Nigeria refused my husbands visa on the fact that he didn't include enough proof that he is joining me.

in the visa application i provided an airline ticket to show that i will be travelling to Dublin from London before him. we included a letter stating that i will be picking him from the airport.

i know the law doesn't require all that but i did it anyway and the stupid visa officer literally decided to breach my right as an eu citizen by saying no.

i intend to send a nasty letter to the embassy, report to solvit and also have my husband appeal the decision.
i will keep you posted on the progress. did you and ur daughter arrive safely in Ireland.
Wow !!! I don't believe this. Are u for real???!! That's absurd. Maybe they made him apply for long stay because those people can be funny at times.
This just makes it more stressful oh. Or why don't u reapply? What did he apply for ? Was it long stay? Did they say what other proof? Did u specify join eea and not irish. This is so crazy. I can't believe this. It's supposed to be automatic now. Stupid pple. I'm sure in all that crazy arguments of the day he went to submit, they have gone to write Sth on top.
U could appeal but I think u should reapply. Thank God it's not expensive. And also, write a strong worded cover letter , quoting all the quotables.
If u want a good cover letter there in one in of these posts st447 or so If u can't find it, tell me. I'll search for u.
I'm so sorry dear. This thing can be so annoying ehn.
My daughter and I arrived safe and sound. And we are here with my husband , to the glory of God.
Will try to check here more often. Xxx

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:48 pm

Adedayoh : did they even check it? This one they got back to u in abt a week. I just checked the dates again.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:21 am

Hi happy,

He applied for a short stay (c) join eea spouse visa. We will appeal the decision because I believe the visa officer is totally ignorant and doesn't understand the directives. I refused to give them the satisfaction when I know they have incompetent untrained staff members.

I am a qualified lawyer both in the UK and Nigeria And I am well versed in EU law and fully understand the Directives so they chose the wrong person to mess with.

The application was received by the embassy on the 29th Sep and a refusal letter was issued on the 1st of Oct, really fishy I say. It took 2days .

They are just silly, the visa officer said we didn't not satisfy the requirement of s3(1) because they don't believe I intend to exercise my treaty rights. Even though the guideline note on INIS's clearly states that an application can not be refused because the eu spouse is not in the country as long as they will be in the country before the arrival of their non eu spouse, One will assume that the fact that I included a one way ticket will show that I don't intend to go back to the UK soon.

My ticket is for 11th Nov and on my husbands application he stated that he intends to travel on the 30th Nov and mentioned in the cover letter that I will be picking him up from Dublin airport, is that not enough to prove I will be exercising my rights before his arrival.

The stupid visa officer also said I didn't include proof of accommodation even though this is clearly not a requirement, I could be sleeping on the streets of Dublin in the first 3 months dats absolutely none of their business. Just for the sake of it, we did include an address where we will be stay I guess the visa officer was either too stupid, blind or they didn't even bother reading the application and that was why it took a day to make a decision.

I actually spent 4hrs last night writing my husbands appeal letter for him and he will go and send it today. I included evidence to show that I have every intention of living in Ireland. I have emails of jobs I applied for even before my husband made his application, and correspondence from several employers acknowledging my application and some inviting me for assessment.

If all this does show intention to exercise my treaty rights then lord help Ireland cos I will sue them faster than they can say 'Aye .
I will keep you updated on the progress.
Ps; I sent INIS the nastiest letter ever letting them know I can help train their staffs for free cos it seems they all don't have a clue about how to do their jobs. Lol

Happygoluckky
Newly Registered

Post by Happygoluckky » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:23 pm

adedayoh wrote:Hi happy,

He applied for a short stay (c) join eea spouse visa. We will appeal the decision because I believe the visa officer is totally ignorant and doesn't understand the directives. I refused to give them the satisfaction when I know they have incompetent untrained staff members.

I am a qualified lawyer both in the UK and Nigeria And I am well versed in EU law and fully understand the Directives so they chose the wrong person to mess with.

The application was received by the embassy on the 29th Sep and a refusal letter was issued on the 1st of Oct, really fishy I say. It took 2days .

They are just silly, the visa officer said we didn't not satisfy the requirement of s3(1) because they don't believe I intend to exercise my treaty rights. Even though the guideline note on INIS's clearly states that an application can not be refused because the eu spouse is not in the country as long as they will be in the country before the arrival of their non eu spouse, One will assume that the fact that I included a one way ticket will show that I don't intend to go back to the UK soon.

My ticket is for 11th Nov and on my husbands application he stated that he intends to travel on the 30th Nov and mentioned in the cover letter that I will be picking him up from Dublin airport, is that not enough to prove I will be exercising my rights before his arrival.

The stupid visa officer also said I didn't include proof of accommodation even though this is clearly not a requirement, I could be sleeping on the streets of Dublin in the first 3 months dats absolutely none of their business. Just for the sake of it, we did include an address where we will be stay I guess the visa officer was either too stupid, blind or they didn't even bother reading the application and that was why it took a day to make a decision.

I actually spent 4hrs last night writing my husbands appeal letter for him and he will go and send it today. I included evidence to show that I have every intention of living in Ireland. I have emails of jobs I applied for even before my husband made his application, and correspondence from several employers acknowledging my application and some inviting me for assessment.

If all this does show intention to exercise my treaty rights then lord help Ireland cos I will sue them faster than they can say 'Aye .
I will keep you updated on the progress.
Ps; I sent INIS the nastiest letter ever letting them know I can help train their staffs for free cos it seems they all don't have a clue about how to do their jobs. Lol

These pple are jokers. I'm sure it was an inept person that picked it up. All those ain't necessary but we just put it to strengthen the application. Those are same things I put. My husbands one way ticket here, then a place that we will be staying. Was a hotel but I booked for abt two weeks. I don't get the. They really need to train. Haba!!!

Let's see how it goes on the appealing surethey will realize their mistake. They even chose to mess with a lawyer. Lol. They are in soup. Lol.

I believe it willbe sorted soo. By God's grace. The stress go waiting is much but in the end it's all worth it.

Will keep checking here. I'll try to send a pm to u if I can as yet.

Catch ya xx