ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GNIB appointment after 90 days

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

flurrie
Newly Registered

GNIB appointment after 90 days

Post by flurrie » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:55 am

Hi everyone,
I have a question on behalf of my boyfriend, who is currently staying in Ireland to study. He is a non-EEA national and has been in Dublin since September, which means his short stay permit of 90 days expires early December.
He was under the impression that he could get a GNIB card by queuing for a day, but the ticket system has become electronic in the meantime. When he tried to make an appointment the other day, the system indicated they are full for roughly the next two months. In other words, the earliest appointment he can get, will be way out of his allowed period of stay. :(
I was wondering if there is any way for him to get an appointment sooner? If this is not the case, and he decides to stay in Dublin until his appointment, will they turn him away or grant him the GNIB card anyway?
Thank you for any help you can give!

J_Karim
BANNED

Re: GNIB appointment after 90 days

Post by J_Karim » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:26 pm

Try to email them its hard to find them over the phone
Email: burghquayregoffice@justice.ie
hope it helps
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K

flurrie
Newly Registered

Post by flurrie » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:52 am

Thank you for the reply :)
We tried emailing, but all they sent back was an automated email, saying they were too busy and that this email would not be answered...
My boyfriend is going by today to see if he can speak with someone, hopefully there's a solution.

J_Karim
BANNED

Post by J_Karim » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:51 pm

tell him try to talk to a super visor atleast...
if u know wht i mean..
Any one can give there suggestion but only experts can give advice

Regards
J.K