ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GOOD NEWS..........WE'VE WON APPEAL (Directive Law)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

GOOD NEWS..........WE'VE WON APPEAL (Directive Law)

Post by king okla » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 pm

Hello Everyone!!!

Good news lol my family has won their appeal lol.........my wife heard a call from Ireland embassy in Nigeria to forward her and my children's T/passport, they were issued visas within 2days.

My appreciation goes to all you guys whom gave me some words of advice during our processing most especially Adedayor and Robsters, will be looking forward to chat with you guys in dear future.

Thank You,

KING OKLA

adedayoh

Re: GOOD NEWS..........WE'VE WON APPEAL (Directive Law)

Post by adedayoh » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:12 pm

Dats good news. Congrats

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:07 am

Hello

good to hear! we are still waiting for my wifes visa, already emailed dublin directly but thinking of using eu solvit, that what you did?

Josy
Newly Registered

Post by Josy » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:55 am

Congrats King Okla! Please did you contact solvit before or after putting in the appeal.

appiah
Newly Registered

Post by appiah » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Good news i got my visa from from abuja exactly 4wks after applying. thanks you guys for your advice. I provided all my criminal record and immigration history including visa refusals but they did the right thing to issue me the visa

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by king okla » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:54 pm

Sorry guys i'v been very busy recently that's y i couldn't responde to ur messages 8)

@ Dayo U welcome tnx!

@ robster yes that's what i did!

@ josy yeah i sent in Appeal on the same day i contact solvit

@ appiah congrate mate

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Hey king,
Is ur family in Dublin now. Hope it's going good.

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by king okla » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi Dayo!

Yeah they're in ireland at the moment and everything is going smoothly but their visa will be due next month for renawal.......and haven't got a job yet even wanted to open a bank account i was asked to bring a proof that i'm working in Ireland,am tired ooo don't knw what to do now :roll: :? :!:

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm

U don't need to have a job to open an account, try AIB they seem to be the only reasonable one

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by king okla » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:10 pm

Hi Dayo!

You must have submitted your husband application for EU1 by now from what you've said......how long those it take for them to return your T/passport? Or they still holding-on to it and for how long now please?

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm in similar situations with Appiah and I'm new to this forum.

I'm British born and my husband is a non eu and we've been married since 2012. He was working without any rights too and was caught with a false British passport and sentenced to prison 12month(I understand this shouldn't have been the case but we had really bad legal advice and representative) Few years later he was asked to leave the uk and now has a criminal record in the uk. We also have a newborn baby (a British) by birth. It's been a very difficult time these part few months without help... we've decided to relocate to Ireland.
I am now living in Ireland and trying to look for work since obtaining my ppsn 3weeks ago.

My question are;

Can I apply for my husband to join me now even though I'm not yet working. (Not yet exercising treaty) the 3months visa. Everything I've read on here says I can but I was told by a lawyer that I needed to be working :(

Do We apply online for him or he applies at the vfs where he is. (He's in Nigeria)

How long roughly will the visa take to be issued.

Thank you.

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by king okla » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:45 pm

Hi mylink!

Firstly, U dnt need to be working under Directive law before inviting ur spouse
secondly, it's depends on ur spouse case.........my wife was initially refused but after the appeal she was given the visa,which everything took 7weeks

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Hi King,

Yeah have done my husbands EU1 app! Still waiting to hear bk from them, I actually need my passport bk cos I got another job and my employer wants to see it. It's been 3weeks since I sent it so I will give them another week before requesting for it.

How's ur family settling in.

king okla
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by king okla » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:45 pm

Hello Dayo!

Family are doing great tnx.......i wish u success on ur application just like am wishing myself :lol:

davenjoy

Need of Visa Assistance Lawyer in ROI

Post by davenjoy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:45 am

Hello! Anyone can recommend a good visa assistance lawyer?
My Irish husband looking for visa assistance lawyer based in Dublin or in Cork Ireland.

I will really appreciate if someone can recommend.
Thank you.

Regards,

Joy

appiah
Newly Registered

Post by appiah » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:28 am

Mylink wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm in similar situations with Appiah and I'm new to this forum.

I'm British born and my husband is a non eu and we've been married since 2012. He was working without any rights too and was caught with a false British passport and sentenced to prison 12month(I understand this shouldn't have been the case but we had really bad legal advice and representative) Few years later he was asked to leave the uk and now has a criminal record in the uk. We also have a newborn baby (a British) by birth. It's been a very difficult time these part few months without help... we've decided to relocate to Ireland.
I am now living in Ireland and trying to look for work since obtaining my ppsn 3weeks ago.

My question are;

Can I apply for my husband to join me now even though I'm not yet working. (Not yet exercising treaty) the 3months visa. Everything I've read on here says I can but I was told by a lawyer that I needed to be working :(

Do We apply online for him or he applies at the vfs where he is. (He's in Nigeria)

How long roughly will the visa take to be issued.

Thank you.
let your husband tell them all his visa refusals and granted and his criminal conviction. if he doesn't know the reason he was refused he should state that he forgotten because He the officer will not remember all the reasons why maybe he was ounce refused a visa to a holiday destination. only convictions in africa he should not add because thats not their business. they will issue him the visa. for his conviction he should write that he was working illegally and not that he had a false passport. he can even use this conviction summary charge to fill that gap and explain that he was caught just working illegally with those documents because they will write back to him to explain further. he should not add any document to those required for the eu visa.

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:31 pm

@ Appiah
Thank you for your advice. Lol @not disclosing any crime in Africa. He's never been in trouble with the law before... only the one incidence with the false British passport...it's an automatic 12months sentence and removal from the uk. :cry: But that's the law...and he's not above the law.
Re- application; I don't understand what you mean about "he should not add any other document to those required for the eu visa" and also how long did they take before they wrote back to you to explain your criminal conviction further?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:50 am

Hi my link,
I just pm u

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:07 am

adedayoh wrote:Hi my link,
I just pm u
Hi Adedayoh,
Thank you for getting in touch but I clicked on the messages tab and it said I'm "not authorised to use" pm as I've just registered and I need to participate more :shock:
Is there any other way you can message me?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Hi my link,
Send me ur email addy, is ur husband still in London or nigeria

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:19 am

adedayoh wrote:Hi my link,
Send me ur email addy, is ur husband still in London or nigeria
Hi Adedayoh,
I've tried and I've tried again :-( but nothing seems to be working... It's just saying I'm not permitted...even to pm you :?
He's not in London, he was removed from the UK and he's back in Niheria.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 am

Hi mylink,
Send me an email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:51 pm

adedayoh wrote:Hi mylink,
Send me an email to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Adedayoh, I've sent you an email not sure you've seen it yet...
Last edited by noajthan on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:23 pm

Hi mylink,
I replied u

appiah
Newly Registered

Post by appiah » Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:42 am

Mylink wrote:@ Appiah
Thank you for your advice. Lol @not disclosing any crime in Africa. He's never been in trouble with the law before... only the one incidence with the false British passport...it's an automatic 12months sentence and removal from the uk. :cry: But that's the law...and he's not above the law.
Re- application; I don't understand what you mean about "he should not add any other document to those required for the eu visa" and also how long did they take before they wrote back to you to explain your criminal conviction further?
hi mylink. the application forms tell u to add docs regarding your previous visa refusals and conviction etc. is not necessary to add those by eu directive. after two wks they sent me an email to response with a deadline which i did. surprisingly the day i sent the reply by email they had issued the visa a day before which was exactly 4wks after i presented my doc to vfs. don't worry he will get the visa as long as he is truthful on the application forms. mind u that they want a means to refuse him so dont lie. i adhered to this forum especially with adedayoh blog and a few couple of guys and i got mine. he should not lie with his visa refusals. is no same. all the best. he should just state the country refused and if he doesn't remember the exact dates as same to me just state around so so and so time. period