ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help required to obtain entry entry to Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amaze
Newly Registered

Help required to obtain entry entry to Ireland.

Post by amaze » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:12 pm

I am a student on a MBA ( Master of business administration) postgraduate degree with a student visa for the UK which expires at the end of January 2017. I have an Indian passport.

My mother has a an Indian passport. Her husband is a joint Irish and UK citizen.

I would like to be given an extended stay in the UK after my student visa expires. The Home Office have advised that My parents would not be able to apply for me to stay with them in the UK .As the UK seems to be ruled out my parents are willing to move to Ireland so that I will be able to stay with them there if we can get permission.

Additionally I would like to know if the Surinder Singh Clause applies to Ireland.My step father was born in England and lived there all his life but has dual Irish and British nationality, currently holding an Irish passport.

I would like advice as to how to apply for extended leave in Ireland with my parents.

noajthan

Re: Help required to obtain entry entry to Ireland.

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:56 pm

A British citizen cannot sponsor family members under EU migration route unless they have taken Surinder Singh route via another memberstate.

Similarly an Irish citizen cannot sponsor family members in their home country.
Not sure if father's BC can help you in Eire.

You could all move to a.n.other member state; that would be much more clear cut - then return to settle in Eire later.
(There may be too little time to do that and return to UK and acquire settled status).

If you are over age 21 you will need to show dependency on your Union citizen sponsor.
Are you financially dependent for your essential daily needs? Do you have adequate supporting evidence?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.