ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help!!! Temporary GNIB card until Citizenship ceremony

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mentalist101

Help!!! Temporary GNIB card until Citizenship ceremony

Post by Mentalist101 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Hi all,
Has anyone heard of a possibility of receiving a temporary GNIB card for emergency travel while waiting for the next Citizenship Ceremony? We have paid the fee and are just waiting for the letter of invitation to the 22nd September ceremony. However a very recent urgent personal issue has arisen that means travel may be necessary before the ceremony. No GNIB card means no means to return.
Does anyone know if we can apply for a temporary GNIB card/re-entry visa that will allow us return into the country before the Citizenship ceremony?

All help is welcome!
Thanks!

Buzz2014
Newly Registered

Re: Help!!! Temporary GNIB card until Citizenship ceremony

Post by Buzz2014 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Hi mentalist101

My friend was in a very situation like you, he had to travel home for family reasons. He emailed the department of justice and explained in details he's circumstances, they returned he's gnib card for the traveling and returned back tothe department when he came back. He attended the following ceremony. Hope my advice will help you.

Good luck.

bebo1901

Re: Help!!! Temporary GNIB card until Citizenship ceremony

Post by bebo1901 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:37 am

I thought someone here once said it is ok to enter with a valid visa and the approval letter :?: