ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how should I approach this?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

happymamma2

how should I approach this?

Post by happymamma2 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi.I am unsure of what documents to enclose in my citizenship application therefore I would really appreciate some piece of advice based on your experience...

I moved to Ireland in Sept 2009 and started working in January 2010.I worked until August 2011 when I stayed home for 6 months during paid maternity leave with my first born.Went straight back to work when maternity leave ended in Febr 2012 and worked until May 2013 when I gave birth to our second son.This time,after my paid maternity leave ended in Oct 2013 I decided to stay home with my young boys and raise them.I did not apply for any type of social help and lived out of my husband's salary until present time.The only benefit that we get is the usual one for our boys(child benefit).

Now,my questions are...
1.Do I contact Social Welfare to ask them to give me a proof that I have not applied for social help?Or is there other place where I could get that proof?
2.If I haven't worked in the last 19 months that means that I won't have a P60 for the year of 2014 but my hubby continued to work and pay taxes;should I enclose his P60's?Or is there any other document that I should attach to my file?
3.I cannot remember when but I think I got 2 penalty points for speeding but don't have the receipt anymore....I called the RSA today but the lady said that since I don't have the receipt and my driver's licence is from a EU country and not Irish she cannot give me any details regarding my points....what do I do?Would the garda be able to give me those details?Most likely it happened more than 3 yrs ago and the points were erased already but want to be sure and make an closer as possible to perfection file so that I get the citizenship sooner rather than later.

Any suggestion will be very much appreciated!

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: how should I approach this?

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:18 pm

1- Contact ur social welfare and ask them to write you a letter that you have never claimed social welfare in ur life.

2- Provide them the P60's until the year u have worked and than mention that you are a house wife at present raising ur kids and ur husband is supporting u financially. Also attached ur husband P60's and recent payslip and job letter as a proof.

3- Don't worry about the 2 penalty as they are 3 years old and ur license is EU. RSA do not keep record of foreign licenses. So don't even mention that u ever had penalty points as they were 3 years old so they r expired any way.

Good Luck

happymamma2

Re: how should I approach this?

Post by happymamma2 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:14 pm

Thank you very much for your reply.That was very helpful.What if it hasn't been 3 years?I will be honest...I am not sure when that happened...could be 2 and a half....I don't know