ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to fnd out that they have got our EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

How to fnd out that they have got our EU1 application

Post by Sunshine86 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Hi

I have recently submitted my application for EU1 say almost 10days ago and I know that they will get back to me in 4 weeks time in regards to Stamp 4.
But is there any way to confirm whether they have received my application or not? Do they send out any correspondence to say thankyou we have received your application before 4 weeks time?

Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: How to fnd out that they have got our EU1 application

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:57 am

Did you sent your EU1 application by registered post ? If Yes, you can track your post on anpost.ie

It is highly recommended to send every document to DOJ by registered post....

DOJ, will not acknowledge your application in a week, they will take between 4 to 6 weeks to process your application initially, they might ask u for further documents and will issue u a temporary stamp.

Good Luck

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:01 am

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm

Hi CalvinKlein

I sent my application via registered post and it was delivered the next day as per the anpost.ie confirmation.

I was just wondering if they get back to you before 4 weeks just to confirm they have received it, you know as it has all the imprtant information.

But if theres no other way then I know I have to be patient like others.

Thank you anyway!!

Amaretta
Newly Registered

Post by Amaretta » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:05 pm

I know that they will get back to me in 4 weeks time in regards to Stamp 4.
They will get back to you in 6 months. They need that time for consideration.

We did not post the application by the way, we brought it to the office and we left it in special box

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:27 pm

You can email them and ask them to confirm receipt of your application at: eutreatyrights@justice.ie.

They send out a generic reply, but they will confirm when they received it and the current approximate processing time. The average time currently to get a written acknowledgement seems to be 6-8 weeks after receipt of your application according to their most recent emails, not 4 weeks.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:13 pm

Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for the reply. I have emailed them today and lets hope that they get back to me with the confirmation.

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:Hi Elizabeth

Thank you for the reply. I have emailed them today and lets hope that they get back to me with the confirmation.
You're welcome. I've heard of some people getting responses within 4 weeks again in the last day or two, so maybe the 6-8 weeks has been reduced again. Let us know what timeframe they give you when they reply.

Fingers crossed it'll be a quicker process :-)

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:44 am

Hi Sunshine86,

Im also waiting for them to return the passports and docs that we submitted. We sent it last Feb. 14.
I also emailed them asking if they received my documents but no reply yet.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:24 pm

Elizabeth06 wrote:

You're welcome. I've heard of some people getting responses within 4 weeks again in the last day or two, so maybe the 6-8 weeks has been reduced again. Let us know what timeframe they give you when they reply.

Thank you Elizabeth, im hoping for their quicker response too. Lets see, will let you know here!

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Mystica09 wrote:Hi Sunshine86,

Im also waiting for them to return the passports and docs that we submitted. We sent it last Feb. 14.
I also emailed them asking if they received my documents but no reply yet.
Hi Mystica

I sent my documents on the 27th Feb and they received them the same day as per the courier confirmation.

I still have to receive their reply on my email. As your 4 weeks timeline is up, I think you will be hearing from them pretty soon, could be this week I feel. Good luck! However long it will take, you will receive a reply before me, so chill and be positive.

Let me know here whenever theres some progress on your side.

Stay positive and good luck

Thanks,

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:34 pm

Elizabeth06 wrote:

Hi Elizabeth and Mystica

I have received a reply for my email from EU Section. They confirmed that they received my application on the 27th Feb, the same day when I sent it. The timeframe given is 6-8 weeks due to the volume of applications.

Im glad that they confirmed my application, I just have to wait with this peace of mind.

Thank you

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:10 pm

Hi Sunshine,

They did not reply to my email yet. This is my 5th week so based on their reply to you, i will be expecting the good news next week then. I really need the passports back, i enrolled my daughter in a secondary school near our place. I didnt know that children need to have ppsn to be registered in a school. Will keep you up to date with my progress.

Thanks!

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:23 pm

Sunshine86 wrote:
Hi Elizabeth and Mystica

I have received a reply for my email from EU Section. They confirmed that they received my application on the 27th Feb, the same day when I sent it. The timeframe given is 6-8 weeks due to the volume of applications.

Im glad that they confirmed my application, I just have to wait with this peace of mind.

Thank you
Oh good - it is a really long time just for an acknowledgement, 6-8 weeks, but at least you know now exactly what's happening, and that they definitely have it and everything :-)

PS: Hope it is next week for you Mystica09, maybe try emailing a second time :-)

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:01 pm

Elizabeth06 wrote:
Sunshine86 wrote:
Hi Elizabeth and Mystica

Thank you
Oh good - it is a really long time just for an acknowledgement, 6-8 weeks, but at least you know now exactly what's happening, and that they definitely have it and everything :-)

PS: Hope it is next week for you Mystica09, maybe try emailing a second time :-)

Hi,
I also received email from them saying 6-8 weeks. Atleast I know that they have the papers and its on its way :)

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Hi Sunshine86 and Elizabeth,

I received my passports and documents back with the letter to go to garda.
So thats 5 weeks for me. :D

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:58 pm

Mystica09 wrote:Hi Sunshine86 and Elizabeth,

That's brilliant, congrats :-)

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:56 am

Hi Mystica

Congratulations!! I told you that you would receive it by this week.

Great really happy for you now.

Thank you for letting us know.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

Hi Mystica and Elizabeth

I also have received all our documents back and a letter to go to Garda for the temp Stamp. YAY

It took exactly 4 weeks for us.

Could you please tell us the process as in what happens in the Garda? How long does it take as my husband wants to know whether he should take a day off or just a few hours off from work?

Thank you

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:27 am

If you are in Dublin u must go to the GNIB office. They will open the doors at 7:30am and will give you ticket. The visa officers will start work at 8:00am. So, if you queue up little bit before 7:00am, you will be seen by the visa officer before 9:00am but if you go late, it could take you few hours to wait...

If you are outside Dublin than ring the local Garda station and make an appointment with the local Garda Immigration.

Please note: There would be two queues in GNIB. One is for the GNIB card (Visa Extension) and the other one would be Re-Entry. Make sure you are queuing in the GNIB queue.

Good Luck

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:28 am

CalvinKlien wrote:If you are in Dublin u must go to the GNIB office. They will open the doors at 7:30am and will give you ticket. The visa officers will start work at 8:00am. So, if you queue up little bit before 7:00am, you will be seen by the visa officer before 9:00am but if you go late, it could take you few hours to wait...

If you are outside Dublin than ring the local Garda station and make an appointment with the local Garda Immigration.

Please note: There would be two queues in GNIB. One is for the GNIB card (Visa Extension) and the other one would be Re-Entry. Make sure you are queuing in the GNIB queue.

Good Luck

Thank you Calvin for your prompt response.

Sunshine86
Mood:
India

Post by Sunshine86 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:34 am

Sunshine86 wrote:
CalvinKlien wrote:If you are in Dublin u must go to the GNIB office. They will open the doors at 7:30am and will give you ticket. The visa officers will start work at 8:00am. So, if you queue up little bit before 7:00am, you will be seen by the visa officer before 9:00am but if you go late, it could take you few hours to wait...

Good Luck

Thank you Calvin for your prompt response.
Also, Calvin Do you know what time are they open till? As my husband was thinking to go there today as he can try to finish work early and meet me there? What do you think I should be there for and ask my husband to join me as he works in the Dublin area?

Elizabeth06

Post by Elizabeth06 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 am

Sunshine86 wrote:
I also have received all our documents back and a letter to go to Garda for the temp Stamp. YAY

It took exactly 4 weeks for us.
That's great news! :)

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 am

GNIB will be closed at 4:00PM on Friday as its a short day and not sure if they will have tickets to give you. So not a good idea today. Monday to Thursday they will be open from 8:00am to 8:00PM.

Please note: GNIB have only 300 tickets for one day and some times the 300 tickets are distributed until 11:00am . So if some one go after 11 he will be refused to see on that day. So an early morning start would be recommended as i always practiced this exercise and always came back with a happy news....

Good Luck

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:36 am

Hi Sunshine,

Congrats!
I went to GNIB office in Dublin2 with my husband. We arrived there around 730am and we got a no.30 ticket. Around 8am theres already a long que just for getting a number. Then 9am they stopped giving numbers, as they said they already reached the limit. At 1030am we are done.
So as CalvinKlein said go there before 7am, so around 9-930am you will have your card. :)