ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I got approved July 2014

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bibisha

I got approved July 2014

Post by Bibisha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:34 am

I got approved my GNIB card will expire in November I hear that there won't b a ceremony until October so will I wait until September to log my GNIB and the money to be invited to that ceremony will that be ok because I got approved in July 17th 2014 because I might go on a holiday in the meantime will that be ok help ?.? .? And do you think there will be an august ceremony ?

bundle

Re: I got approved July 2014

Post by bundle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:39 pm

i am sure that there will be a ceremony before november, and there was a ceremony in august last year.
hopefully you will get invite if you post your stuff now for the first ceremony
you should post your gnib and money ASAP

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:49 pm

But I hear it's impossible there will be a ceremony in August because the only started sending out letters of approval on the 4th of July and they can't get 3,800 in just short time and the ceremony's this year are every 2-3months am not going to rush things so will see if anyone hears anything new let me know and I will do that

sabinaspb
Newly Registered

Post by sabinaspb » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:44 pm

I'm also planning holidays, so I would get your holiday visa sorted now, even if you are not going away till September or so, because foreign embassies wont issue Schengen/UK visas without seeing an original GNIB. After you lodge the holiday visa application, you could then send the card off to the Department.

bundle

Post by bundle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

i personally think that there wont be a ceremony in august, because regular cycle normally is 3 months, but i am just guessing.
but you may never know :)

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Yeah i have that sorted but if I send my gnib I won't be able to renter Ireland because the immigration wants to see your gnib on your entry to Ireland I might just send it after my holiday ! Yeah i don't think there will be a ceremony in August there will be on in early October so il just send them my card on September early like around the 2nd I hopefully :) I hope it's alright

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:07 pm

It is stated on the approval letter (i think) that if u want to travel, u can ask them to send u the GNIB card until u r finished and return it to them, and i guess by paying the fees you will be invited to the ceremony but u will not receive the certificate unless you give them the gnib... sometimes they do a ceremony every 2 or 3 months and sometimes they do a ceremony in between those periods in waterford, limerick...etc

bundle

Post by bundle » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:49 pm

i traveled to ireland without gnib last summer without any problem, i had valid re-entry visa.
letter says it won't be available for travel or other purposes. i doesn't say you cannot get in to the country back, it doesn't say DONT leave the country.
every approval period same discussion appears especially during the summer time.

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:57 pm

oh! yeah sorry about that. i just read my relatives's old approval letter, it says once u submit your GNIB , it is non-returnable.
but being in dublin airport is not a problem as said by many people, but as long as u have a valid re-entry visa.
the only way to obtain a visa if it is due to expire, is to renew your gnib before u submit it.
PS: it is gonna be a problem for me once i get my approval letter too :( thats why im interested about your issue.

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:34 pm

So your telling me that it won't be a problem I have re-entry visa and it expire in November but am not afraid when am at Dublin airport am afraid when am traveling to Germany when am about to bored my flight to Ireland they as for gnib card I know in Dublin airport they won't say anything as long as you give them the approval letter and valid re-entry visa

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:50 pm

travelling from any other country to Ireland, they only make sure you have an Irish visa otherwise they won't let you board but in ireland you can explain the situtation, have a copy of ur gnib...etc but of course you must be having a visa to the country u r visiting too

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Ok thanks eh I hope they let me in without gnib card lol eh and hope there is ceremony soon let me know if u here anything new

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm

I'm traveling in September therefore will most likely not have time to get Irish passport on time after the ceremony and my re entry visa is expiring in the next few weeks.

One of the options to travel without GNIB card is to get Stamp 6 on non Irish passport and travel with it. The problem is that they don't give re entry visa with stamp 6 therefore airlines might cause problems as they need to see a valid visa.

I posted on another thread and hopefully someone can answer.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Beachboy wrote:I'm traveling in September therefore will most likely not have time to get Irish passport on time after the ceremony and my re entry visa is expiring in the next few weeks.

One of the options to travel without GNIB card is to get Stamp 6 on non Irish passport and travel with it. The problem is that they don't give re entry visa with stamp 6 therefore airlines might cause problems as they need to see a valid visa.

i am not sure about the stamp 6 option beachboy , as far as i know stamp 6 is only issued to irish citizens with dual citizenship (ie when naturalised) , the stamp 6 is then when requested /applied for by the applicant should be placed on the foreign passport of the irish citizen . this stamp 6 was introduced in order to facilitate the travel of third country nationals who become irish citizens and who's country of origin does not recongnise dual citizenship , in other words you will need to have your naturalisation cerificate before you can apply for the stamp 6 , the approval letter is not sufficient and can not be produced as proof of citizenship.
i hope this clarifies the situation , however please feel free to ask the people at INIS , but i am sure that the above is the procedure . good luck with everything .

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:52 am

adelmurray wrote:
Beachboy wrote:I'm traveling in September therefore will most likely not have time to get Irish passport on time after the ceremony and my re entry visa is expiring in the next few weeks.

i am not sure about the stamp 6 option beachboy , as far as i know stamp 6 is only issued to irish citizens with dual citizenship (ie when naturalised) , the stamp 6 is then when requested /applied for by the applicant should be placed on the foreign passport of the irish citizen . this stamp 6 was introduced in order to facilitate the travel of third country nationals who become irish citizens and who's country of origin does not recongnise dual citizenship , in other words you will need to have your naturalisation cerificate before you can apply for the stamp 6 , the approval letter is not sufficient and can not be produced as proof of citizenship.
i hope this clarifies the situation , however please feel free to ask the people at INIS , but i am sure that the above is the procedure . good luck with everything .

Hi,

Yes the naturalisation certificate is required for stamp 6. The question was if we can travel with stamp 6 only without a visa and if this will cause problems with airlines.

Thanks!

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 pm

without endorsement stamp 5/6 are not for that purpose, u cant actually have them unless u are irish or you have been contineously more than regular 5 years here and with strong excuse. it is normally for people who do not want to lose their other nationality for countries who do not allow dual nationalities or if you want to get a nationality of another country and still be able to live in ireland without getting marriage. Because your citizenship won't be revoked if you obtain a third nationality by marriage ONLY under the act but if you obtained a third nationality after the irish one by work or residence then your irish nationality will be revoked.

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Hi Bebo,

My question is about traveling on a stamp 6 for those that have issues with dual citizenship and who are already naturalized Irish citizens. How can they travel to ireland using their non Irish passport which has a stamp 6 and no Irish visa?

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:14 pm

i believe they are issued a re-entry visa valid as long as the stamp is valid (their passport validity). But i am not sure they do issue stamp 6, i think it is very very rare... maybe stamp 5 for US and Australian citizens who do not need the Irish citizenship and who prefer not to pay 950 euros. But sure they are issued a visa or a GNIB card in order to travel in and out.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:56 am

Hi,

Yes the naturalisation certificate is required for stamp 6. The question was if we can travel with stamp 6 only without a visa and if this will cause problems with airlines.

Thanks![/quote]

hi beachboy ,

sorry about the mix up , ok once you get your stamp 6 of course after ur naturalisation , i think you can apply for a re-entry visa for which you would have to pay the normal fees , all you need to do is explain the situation , because i have read here somewhere of someone who did this and obtained their re-entry visa on their country's or origin passport .of course the INIS and GNIB people should understand that you can not board a flight from your country of origin without have a visa as they do not know what is a stamp 6 or any other stamp really . so the answer to your question is yes you can obtain that visa on your foreign passport once you have paid the relevant fees , and if they tell you otherwise explain the situation to them and they will give it to you . as for not having the visa and trying with the stamp 6 only , i reckon you will be faced with a major issue and delays in boarding your flight if you don not use your new Irish passport or produce a valid visa on your foreign passport . Good luck

Beachboy

Post by Beachboy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:29 am

adelmurray wrote:Hi,

Thanks!
hi beachboy ,

sorry about the mix up , ok once you get your stamp 6 of course after ur naturalisation , i think you can apply for a re-entry visa for which you would have to pay the normal fees , all you need to do is explain the situation , because i have read here somewhere of someone who did this and obtained their re-entry visa on their country's or origin passport .of course the INIS and GNIB people should understand that you can not board a flight from your country of origin without have a visa as they do not know what is a stamp 6 or any other stamp really . so the answer to your question is yes you can obtain that visa on your foreign passport once you have paid the relevant fees , and if they tell you otherwise explain the situation to them and they will give it to you . as for not having the visa and trying with the stamp 6 only , i reckon you will be faced with a major issue and delays in boarding your flight if you don not use your new Irish passport or produce a valid visa on your foreign passport . Good luck[/quote]

Thanks Adelmurray!

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:54 pm

So the next ceremony is In September just found out in the inis website but thing is not date is yet to be confirmed am going on. A holiday from 15 August to 20 then I will send my GNIB and the fee will this effect me not attending the ceremony ? I got my approval 17july and I think the ceremony would be the end of September what do u think guys ???

shaz112211

Post by shaz112211 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:48 pm

Bibisha wrote:So the next ceremony is In September just found out in the inis website but thing is not date is yet to be confirmed am going on. A holiday from 15 August to 20 then I will send my GNIB and the fee will this effect me not attending the ceremony ? I got my approval 17july and I think the ceremony would be the end of September what do u think guys ???

I cant see anywhere on INIS Website ... Can u send me the Link Bipisha ? i will b thankful

Bibisha

Post by Bibisha » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Sorry not the inis website it's in this website http://www.integratingdublin.ie/newseve ... e-place-i/

shaz112211

Post by shaz112211 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:14 am

Bibisha wrote:Sorry not the inis website it's in this website http://www.integratingdublin.ie/newseve ... e-place-i/
Stange !! Inis didnt mentioned aniwhere , but how come this website announced the month .... hehe aniways lets buddy