ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS re-entry visa (urgent)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IsaacDB
Newly Registered

INIS re-entry visa (urgent)

Post by IsaacDB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:37 pm

I applied for re-entry visa multiple entry couples of days ago by a registered post, as there were no dates available for online appointment in October. I read on Inis website that it will take 10 working days for a decision plus another 2 working days to have my documents sent back to me the problem is I need my original GNIB stamp 4euFam back as soon as possible. I submitted an application to an institution, they have just called me today to bring my original GNIB stamp 4 card next week or I risk losing my slot.

Does it really take 10 working days plus for decision and return of documents?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: INIS RE-ENTRY VISA (URGENT)

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:05 pm

why did you apply for re entry visa if you have stamp 4 eu fam?
last year I made an appointment when I went there they did not gave me re entry visa they said we don't require re entry visa.
so most likely your passport will be back sooner then 10 days as they will not process your re entry visa request

IsaacDB
Newly Registered

Re: INIS re-entry visa (urgent)

Post by IsaacDB » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:56 pm

I was told by one of the Officers at InIs office in Dublin that I would need a re-entry visa back to Ireland because I'm not from a visa free country. I was told that the Stamp 4eufam is not a visa but a right to live and reside in Ireland. If I should live the country I will need a visa to enter again. I decided to apply to avoid any hassle and since it's free for Irish and EU spouse, that is written on Inis website.

I think you are referring to 5 years Resident card? I don't have that yet. The stamp 4eufam was issued whilst I'm still waiting for Eu treaty decision on my 5 years Resident Card. I believe the moment I have that I can travel back and forth without visa worries.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:50 am

ok for that you do need re entry visa you should clearly right on your post that you have a temporary stamp which is only stamp 4(as stated on your garda card) and not stamp 4 eufam

please ignore my previous email.
thanks

ChloeWard
Newly Registered

Post by ChloeWard » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:30 pm

Does anybody, by any chance, know if it is possible to get a re-entry visa for Ireland whilst still waiting to receive a temp stamp 4?

Thank you!