ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Family Re-Union

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Ireland Family Re-Union

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:43 am

hello everybody I'm a Pakistan citizen living in Pakistan and my real brother lived in the uk and he is a British national I'm studying here in Pakistan and I'm totally dependent on my brother as he sent me money from the uk for my daily expenses and study expanses. My brother soon moving to Ireland he will do job their and will apply for Ireland nationally. My question is can I join him as a non European family member on my real brother who will be eupean citizen as a dependent? What documents are required from my sponsor and from me for family reunion to Ireland?
Thanks

noajthan

Re: Ireland Family Re-Union

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:53 am

Post moved to correct forum.

Start here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Be aware of current backlog of cases and delays in visas for entrants to Eire.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa

Re: Non-EU Family member to Southern Ireland !!!

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:36 am

I believe he will lose the right to sponsor you in Ireland under EEA Regulations as soon as he is granted Irish citizenship.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Re: Non-EU Family member to Southern Ireland !!!

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:42 am

Casa wrote:I believe he will lose the right to sponsor you in Ireland under EEA Regulations as soon as he is granted Irish citizenship.
Thanks for the reply appreciated....:)
So what shall he needs to try not to apply for Irish nationality? can he sponsor even without it?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:18 am

Posts merged, no need for multiple posts

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:34 am

He can sponsor you as a British national exercising his Treaty rights in Ireland (through employment etc.) assuming he can prove you are wholly dependent on him. He can't do this in Ireland as an Irish citizen. How does he qualify for Irish citizenship?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:48 am

Casa wrote:He can sponsor you as a British national exercising his Treaty rights in Ireland (through employment etc.) assuming he can prove you are wholly dependent on him. He can't do this in Ireland as an Irish citizen. How does he qualify for Irish citizenship?
Actually I was assuming that if he become Irish citizen it will be more convenient he didn't applied for Irish nationality. So on Treaty Rights he can sponsor me could you tell me what sort of documents can prove for me that I'm relying on my brother here in Pakistan? And what if law changed as you know the referendum in the UK?
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:31 pm

hussainjabbar21 wrote:
Casa wrote:He can sponsor you as a British national exercising his Treaty rights in Ireland (through employment etc.) assuming he can prove you are wholly dependent on him. He can't do this in Ireland as an Irish citizen. How does he qualify for Irish citizenship?
Actually I was assuming that if he become Irish citizen it will be more convenient he didn't applied for Irish nationality. So on Treaty Rights he can sponsor me could you tell me what sort of documents can prove for me that I'm relying on my brother here in Pakistan? And what if law changed as you know the referendum in the UK?
Thanks
Suggest dig around in INIS website for documentary requirements. I know the EU law and UK requirements but not about any specific Irish requirements.

Noone knows what will happen after Brexit; presumably brother will be largely unaffected due to the CTA.

For family members its unclear, you obviously won't have the luxury of 5 years in which to acquire PR in the 'normal' way.
Even to get started, you are unlikely to be granted an entry visa very quickly.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:07 am

noajthan wrote:
hussainjabbar21 wrote:
Thanks
Suggest dig around in INIS website for documentary requirements. I know the EU law and UK requirements but not about any specific Irish requirements.

Noone knows what will happen after Brexit; presumably brother will be largely unaffected due to the CTA.

For family members its unclear, you obviously won't have the luxury of 5 years in which to acquire PR in the 'normal' way.
Even to get started, you are unlikely to be granted an entry visa very quickly.
Thanks for the response...:)
Could you explain what does Treaty Rights means and how does it works as for my brother who is British National? and will it be easy for my brother to sponsor me on Exercising Treaty Right from Pakistan?
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:58 am

hussainjabbar21 wrote:Thanks for the response...:)
Could you explain what does Treaty Rights means and how does it works as for my brother who is British National? and will it be easy for my brother to sponsor me on Exercising Treaty Right from Pakistan?
Thanks
Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

Note this may all begin to change once UK moves towards Brexit from EU. Noone knows how and when that will happen yet.

It may not be an easy route, for one thing there are a lot of visa delays into Eire at the moment.
Then there are considerable delays in the processing of EU-related documents once people finally get into the country.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:58 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:50 pm

CR001 wrote:See link below (one of many).

http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... 76814.html
I know it will be really hard for my brother to exercise treaty rights in Ireland to use the route as there are so many applications are in waiting list but every case is treated as individual by the visa authorities.
My question is regarding permitted family members how can my brother prove that I am totally relying on him what sort of the documents needed?
My brother send me money from UK every month and whenever needed I got payment receipts in my name. Also I pay money for utility bills and also do shopping. I m not working staying home look after my parents I used to mange the house hold specific needs daily expenses which are fulfilled by money which my brother send me from uk. What else could be to make case more strong and to prove my relationship. Anyone any suggestions pease
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:02 pm

It isn't going to be hard for your brother he is British and can move to Ireland freely and work (for now), it is going to be hard for you to get a visa to go to Ireland.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:08 am

CR001 wrote:It isn't going to be hard for your brother he is British and can move to Ireland freely and work (for now), it is going to be hard for you to get a visa to go to Ireland.
What can I do to make this case strong from my side? Any experienced or suggestions please could you help me out as to arrange documentation sis not an easy task.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:32 pm

hussainjabbar21 wrote:
CR001 wrote:It isn't going to be hard for your brother he is British and can move to Ireland freely and work (for now), it is going to be hard for you to get a visa to go to Ireland.
What can I do to make this case strong from my side? Any experienced or suggestions please could you help me out as to arrange documentation sis not an easy task.
Thanks
Refer to Directive and case law for EU requirements and rules.
Identify any Irish-specific requirements.
See if you meet them and have adequate documentary supporting evidence to back the case.

But first of all you will need an entry visa and there is nothing much to do to speed up Irish processing times for such visas.
(Some members have reported giving up on Eire and going to another EU state instead).

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:28 pm

noajthan wrote:
hussainjabbar21 wrote:
Thanks
Refer to Directive and case law for EU requirements and rules.
Identify any Irish-specific requirements.
See if you meet them and have adequate documentary supporting evidence to back the case.

But first of all you will need an entry visa and there is nothing much to do to speed up Irish processing times for such visas.
(Some members have reported giving up on Eire and going to another EU state instead).
Thanks for the information,
So what is entry visa category you talking about is it short stay or long stay D type visa?

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:42 pm

Please note that I need dependant visa (NOT a visit visa)

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:47 pm

hussainjabbar21 wrote:Please note that I need dependant visa (NOT a visit visa)
Short stay for SS.

See also http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... a%20delays

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:28 am

noajthan wrote:
hussainjabbar21 wrote:Please note that I need dependant visa (NOT a visit visa)
Short stay for SS.

See also http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... a%20delays
It will be really hard for me to get SS visa for Ireland especially from Pakistan as much applications are in waiting list. Could you give me a link for someone who applied for dependant visa or SS visa from Pakistan where I can get idea please.
Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:43 am

hussainjabbar21 wrote:It will be really hard for me to get SS visa for Ireland especially from Pakistan as much applications are in waiting list. Could you give me a link for someone who applied for dependant visa or SS visa from Pakistan where I can get idea please.
Thanks
Its just a case of searching in forum; use advanced search feature.

Or try another country; other members have reported giving up on Eire and have tried places such as France. After all, what difference does it make.

Or if you want an English-speaking country there's somewhere like Malta.

The world (or at least most of Europe) is your oyster

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:30 am

noajthan wrote:
hussainjabbar21 wrote:It will be really hard for me to get SS visa for Ireland especially from Pakistan as much applications are in waiting list. Could you give me a link for someone who applied for dependant visa or SS visa from Pakistan where I can get idea please.
Thanks
Its just a case of searching in forum; use advanced search feature.

Or try another country; other members have reported giving up on Eire and have tried places such as France. After all, what difference does it make.

Or if you want an English-speaking country there's somewhere like Malta.

The world (or at least most of Europe) is your oyster
Thanks for the opinion....:)
I have a question, Regarding to prove financial dependency while in working age how can someone prove it where can he get confirmation from that he is not working?

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:46 am

hussainjabbar21 wrote:Thanks for the opinion....:)
I have a question, Regarding to prove financial dependency while in working age how can someone prove it where can he get confirmation from that he is not working?
Its about showing proof of financial support not about proving whether any particular type of activity is occurring or not.

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:24 am

noajthan wrote:
hussainjabbar21 wrote:Thanks for the opinion....:)
Its about showing proof of financial support not about proving whether any particular type of activity is occurring or not.
as I'm single and unmarried without children do I need to enclosed unmarried certificate with my application to the embassy here in Pakistan? And and my brother send me money from uk through western union for my expenses remaining amount I used to put in my personal bank account. (Remember no bank to bank transfer only through western union) do I need to show my bank account as well? If they ask where this money came from? Please any suggestions
Thanks

hussainjabbar21
Newly Registered

Post by hussainjabbar21 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:20 am

Please reply me anyone ???
Thanks