ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Re-entry Stamp? can someone clarify

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Ireland Re-entry Stamp? can someone clarify

Post by robsters » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:02 pm

so i get to the point we have a temp GNIB Card but we got the uk family permit and going to visit my parents in the uk we plan to return to ireland in a month to pick up the full irish residence card can my wife return to Dublin on the ferry with her temp GINB Card or will she need to get a RE ENTRY VISA? and if so how easy or hard is it to get one?

any advise on this will be great

also what kind of immigration check will she have to go through in the uk when arriving with a EEA Family permit

adedayoh

Re: Ireland Re-entry Stamp? can someone clarify

Post by adedayoh » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:58 pm

For the re entry visa go to gnib office, pick a ticket, it's much more faster and all you need is your marriage cert and both passport and it's free.

With entry into the UK it's no drama at all. The airline will check your wife's passport at check in at dublin airport and stamp her boarding pass.

No immigration checks in the UK.(at least not at the London airports). You get off the plane, get ur bags and head out.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:43 pm

do we need a passport sized photo as well? if so is that for both of us or just the non eu national? says on the dublin immigration website to provide a passport sized photograpgh for reentry visa

also how long is the re-entry visa valid for? when we receive the 5yr GINB Card will re entry visas be required once she has this?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:53 pm

The pic is for the person that needs the re entry and even if you get the five yrs u still need the re entry as far as I know.

You don't need to fill a form or anything. Just go there with both passport and marriage certificate. You will get a ticket and once ur no is called walk up to the window and it takes about 10mins tops.

It's not a complicated process Robster, pretty str8 forward.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:02 pm

really even if she gets the full 5yr GINB Card you still need a re-entry visa???, we only have 1 passport sized photo left will that be ok do you think? do you know how long the re-entry visa is valid for?

Mylink
Newly Registered

Post by Mylink » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:53 am

Hi Robster,
The re- entry visa will be valid for the duration of her temp 6months Visa . That means, it will expire when her temp 6 moths visa is due to expire.
When she is issued with her 5 years 5 Residence card... she will now have freedom of movement and NO longer need a re-entry visa(she can come and go as she likes!!!)

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:07 pm

ok thats good, well they said a decision is made by 26th september and her temp card good until 26th oct we plan to enter the uk as i need to arrange national insurance number and hospital for her as she due a baby in dec then fly back in early oct to collect the full card incase i had issues getting the uk residence card approved but fingers crossed it be ok, bit of a pain coming back to ireland but hanging about another month is also quite a long time, if she wasnt pregnant i guess we would have just waited another month but i think at this stage it will be easier just to fly back to collect? does the plan sound wise, also if we submit the uk residence card will they take the passport off us in the uk for that application?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:10 pm

hey robster,
i would hold my breath on the decision being made on time. my husbands decision is 2 weeks late and i sent one email after a week no answer. i guess they are just very busy with the backlogs, thats y ur temp card has a month validity after reply date.
hopefully they will hurry their asses up n get back to us soon

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:14 pm

yeah i imgined as much, we plan to apply for residence in the uk in the mean time as we are in the uk now and if we get the letter from ireland we decide if and how we go back for it, we thinking of ferry because its less hassle then flying in terms of immigration checks. 1 question can you ask for your passports back as soon as u send the uk application off?