ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish born child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Irish born child

Post by madmedman » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:51 pm

Hey guys. Just need a bit of guidance.

I have been working for the hse for the last four years. Now proud father of a baby girl. Just asking, once (if) I get an Irish passport for my child, should I apply to upgrade my stamp 1 to 4? I am currently on stamp 1 and have to get a work permit every time I change employers. Us docs changeover every 6 to 12 months.

I understand stamp 4's value over 1. But I am in a bit of a dilemma here. I entered this country to work as a doctor and now switching my immigration permission and staying because of my irish born child could potentially complicate matters when I apply for naturalisation next year. If for the time being, I stay with stamp 1, I still have to get a permit and renew GNIB once more before I apply for naturalisation.

And unfortunately, as luck would have it, there are some changes from 1st october to the application process for switching your status on the basis of your irish child.

Or would I just let my wife upgrade her status since she is on stamp 3 and not allowed to work. This would let her take up some form of employment.

Would appreciate you guys opinions.

regards.

iluvireland

Re: Irish born child

Post by iluvireland » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Is she got Irish passport yet. If yes both of you can get stamp 4 over counter.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:03 pm

I haven't even applied for her passport yet. And from 1st october i understand it will no longer be possible to apply over counter as everyone would need to apply on a form and send to residence division of INIS? thats my understanding at least.

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:47 pm

That's right . If you had child passport could try this month. Lots of my friends changed over counter .
Even if you apply wouldn't take long .

gb1985

Post by gb1985 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:29 pm

kaiser1977 wrote: Now proud father of a baby girl. Just asking, once (if)
Congratulation!!!
kaiser1977 wrote: I get an Irish passport for my child, should I apply to upgrade my stamp 1 to 4? I am currently on stamp 1 and have to get a work permit every time I change employers. Us docs changeover every 6 to 12 months.
Unless you are changing employment, I don't see why you should spend €300 on GNIB card. You may opt for stamp 4 when you GNIB card is up for next renewal or when you are changing employment.
kaiser1977 wrote: I entered this country to work as a doctor and now switching my immigration permission and staying because of my irish born child could potentially complicate matters when I apply for naturalisation next year. If for the time being, I stay with stamp 1, I still have to get a permit and renew GNIB once more before I apply for naturalisation.
Nope, as long as you in Ireland legally on stamp 1 and stamp 4, switching from 1 to 4 does not impact your naturalisation application at all. In fact your daughter has Irish passport should be seen as positive as you have developed links with Ireland and intend to stay in country.
kaiser1977 wrote: And unfortunately, as luck would have it, there are some changes from 1st october to the application process for switching your status on the basis of your irish child.
Just ensure that you complete process before your existing stamp runs out as you don,t want beak in your stamps.
kaiser1977 wrote: Or would I just let my wife upgrade her status since she is on stamp 3 and not allowed to work. This would let her take up some form of employment.
You both are eligible for stamp 4.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:30 pm

iluvireland wrote:That's right . If you had child passport could try this month. Lots of my friends changed over counter .
Even if you apply wouldn't take long .
Thanks looks like i'm going to have to apply. I might try my luch and visit local GNIB when I get her passport and see what happens.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:34 pm

gb1985 wrote:
kaiser1977 wrote: Now proud father of a baby girl. Just asking, once (if)
Congratulation!!!
Thank you very much :)

And you've answered my queries very well. Thank you for that. My GNIB and workpermit are up for renewal by july 2016, so hopefully I may have upgraded my status by then. Thanks again.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:03 pm

Hey guys. Just a followup on this thread.

So I got my daughters passport and went ahead to Angelsea Garda station in Cork. And the polite lady on the counter told me from 1st October they have stopped upgrading stamps locally and I need to send an application to the INIS.

I guess I won't bother as I am still in employment and due to get stamp 4 on the basis of 5years work.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:14 pm

You should have applied for child's passport sooner.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:00 pm

Obie wrote:You should have applied for child's passport sooner.
She was born on 25/09/2015. It took me three visits to the local pharmacy just to get her pictures. She would be awake all night and asleep all day. :D

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:10 pm

I know. There is not much you could have done. I don't think the department will take long to issue a stamp 4 if you apply.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Hey guys. Was just looking at the application form. Could anyone please clarify a few things for me?

About applicants role in the child's life, I know there is a checklist but I am not sure if I can provide some of these. Though my application is not complicated (I hope so). We (myself, the better half and the child) live in a rented house. I cant provide anything from creche (she's too young), social worker (never encountered one), proof of maintenance payments (?) I can only provide the sworn affidavit and letter from the GP. Would anyone help with these two?

Would the GP just mentioning that the child is registered and attended an appointment suffice?

And what should my wife and myself mention in the sworn affidavit?

Apologies as I seem to be a bit ambivalent about whether I should apply or not.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Obie wrote:I know. There is not much you could have done. I don't think the department will take long to issue a stamp 4 if you apply.
Thanks Obie. I seem very undecided at times, but I guess there will be no harm in applying.

mayflower805
Ireland

Post by mayflower805 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:56 pm

Hi, a letter from your gp would do . You can go to my profile and see my topic . I had similar confusion about how to describe my role in my child's life. Hopefully you'll get an idea from my post. All the best.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:17 pm

mayflower805 wrote:Hi, a letter from your gp would do . You can go to my profile and see my topic . I had similar confusion about how to describe my role in my child's life. Hopefully you'll get an idea from my post. All the best.
Hi. Thank you for pointing me to your thread. Has been great help. Thanks again.

Now just need a format for an affidavit, from the other parent regarding emotional / financial role.

would appreciate it.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi again.

So I received this letter from the INIS. They received my documents on 17/11 and posted this letter along with my documents on 18/11. Unfortunately, only just received this as the post was returned to INIS on one occassion as we were away.

I am not sure what to make of this letter. It looks like I have been bounced back to the GNIB. I had already went to them and they asked me to write to INIS which i did. And now got this letter asking me to go back to the GNIB with the required documents. I am afraid GNIB will refer me back to them. I wont know soon as my family is away on holidays for another two months. Will get my fingers crossed.

Guys what do you think this letter means. I am confused.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:59 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:Hi again.

So I received this letter from the INIS. They received my documents on 17/11 and posted this letter along with my documents on 18/11. Unfortunately, only just received this as the post was returned to INIS on one occassion as we were away.

I am not sure what to make of this letter. It looks like I have been bounced back to the GNIB. I had already went to them and they asked me to write to INIS which i did. And now got this letter asking me to go back to the GNIB with the required documents. I am afraid GNIB will refer me back to them. I wont know soon as my family is away on holidays for another two months. Will get my fingers crossed.

Guys what do you think this letter means. I am confused.

This letter is very clear and self-explanatory enough. You just need to follow all you're asked to do as outlined in this letter so matters can be finalized and put to rest once and for all.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:46 pm

KingdomMan wrote:
This letter is very clear and self-explanatory enough. You just need to follow all you're asked to do as outlined in this letter so matters can be finalized and put to rest once and for all.
Thanks kingdomman. I guess I was nitpicking and expecting everything to be spelled out to me. I know what to do now. Thanks again and cheers.

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:01 am

kaiser1977 wrote:
KingdomMan wrote:
Thanks kingdomman. I guess I was nitpicking and expecting everything to be spelled out to me. I know what to do now. Thanks again and cheers.
No worries! Attend at your local immigration office with your Irish born child having with you the child's Irish passport, birth certificate, and all other document stated in the letter on behalf of the minister and once the local immigration officer in charge at your local Gardi station sights all these document and your Irish born child and is satisfied and upon your payment of €300 registration fee, you'd be newly registered on the imigrstion data bank and upgraded to a Stamp 4 status and the necessary stanmps are placed on your own passport and you're again issued with a new GNIB card with a stamp 4 status. Good luck and cheers!

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:40 pm

Thank you again kingdomman. Appreciate all your help. Delighted that they sent this letter within two days. I was expecting a long wait. Now just waiting for family to return from holidays. This is going to be long two months.

Cheers mate.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:30 pm

You should be ok. If the department sends you to Garda with that letter, then you should be fine.

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:50 pm

Obie wrote:You should be ok. If the department sends you to Garda with that letter, then you should be fine.
Thank you very much Obie. Can't wait to get rid of this yearly work permit inconvenience.

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:40 pm

have you successful in counter?

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:18 pm

Hey. Yes. I went to my local garda station with the letter I posted a above. Got myself and the better half a stamp 4 for three years. Can finally work in peace without the need to work permits.

Dublinhope

Post by Dublinhope » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:46 pm

kaiser1977 wrote:Hey. Yes. I went to my local garda station with the letter I posted a above. Got myself and the better half a stamp 4 for three years. Can finally work in peace without the need to work permits.
how long has it taken to change stamp?