ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Entry Visa for Indonesian Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

Irish Entry Visa for Indonesian Spouse

Post by robsters » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:29 pm

Hello

currently planning to marry my indonesian partner, we already got refused earlier this year for a UK visitor visa and read online all the horror stories. my plan is to try bring her to Ireland, I have found out we can do the online form and post the documents and they've already told us it will take 4-6 weeks to process the visa.....

my questions are and need advice on

1. will the UK visitor visa refusal go against her getting an irish entry visa?

2.it states a letter from the host in ireland, i don't have a host, she be traveling with myself an EU national UK citizen

3. our intension to travel to ireland.....do we need to state this?

some advice on ireland visas for my future wife would be great as i am very worried about this

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: Irish Entry Visa for Indonesian Spouse

Post by 357mag » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Are you making arrangements to marry before you apply for Irish visa?
What is your nationality?

1 maybe
2 that is n/a but you will have to prove traveling together or proof of your accomodation if she is coming over to join you.
3 I'm guessing youe intention is to exercise treaty rights.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:05 am

We are marrying in indonesia then traveling together. and yeah exercise treaty rights but also we are happy to stay i ireland for a while if possible because my family irish originally so i still have family there maybe try uk a year later but at the moment i just want know how easy it will be to get the entry visa for my wife as the application asking for many details such as bank statements, host contact letter, accomendation etc, if she my wife will just marriage certificate do?

also i am worried the refused uk visa will go against her, should we include the refusal letter, it was mostly refused due to lack of paper work showing we were in a genuine relationship at the time, however now we are getting married because i having to keep extending my visa

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:56 am

The form used to have questions that are n/a when exercising treaty rights, read the directive, it only requires proof of ID proof of relationship proof that partner will join EEA member or travel with.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Dont worry about previous refusal, I wouldn't even mention it.

When your partner gets there she wants the "temp stamp 4" which will allow her to work, getting it can be a pain. During the first 90 days you need to get set up to apply for the Family permit http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Stamps
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:07 am

if mentioned it by mistake over the phone to the consulate in jakarta but the decision is made in singapore i guess by the time we apply in a month from now (after our wedding) they won't remember me??? i feel an idiot to of mentioned the past refusal and was annoyed at myself after but was seeking advice at the time.

As you said don't mention it? surely they won't remember me by the time we apply about my enquiry? my partner said we could just show all paper work we collected that does prove our relationship (which was the resason the uk refused us) but surely by the time we apply we are married so we shouldn't have to prove our relationship, yeah i would like her to be able to work, luckly for me we have extended family from my dad side in ireland as my grand parents left ireland in the 1940 so i have some desendents still there which not seen since i was 12 years old, would it be worth getting them to be the "host" for our application or it is not needed as i am an EU national? also did you mean family visa for ireland or uk? is that the same as residence card?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:19 am

You dont need a "host" if using treaty rights. If she is traveling with you then you just need proof of that ie proof of tickets.

From your earlier post the refusal was for a visitor visa which would be under National rules and the new application will be accompany EEA spouse which is under EU rules. The form does ask if you have ever been refused before but as its not in EEA requirement I would put n/a and hope they dont query it.

You have to get it in your head that you will be applying under EEA rules which are a different scheme to the national rules.

Proof of relationship will be marriage certificate nothing more (although you will need it as aa authenticated translated copy into English or Irish)

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:27 am

Thank you for the advice

are you 100% sure we be ok to put N/A for the previous visas

also this is the list below on the word doc they sent me from the consulate, they also said it takes 4-6 weeks will it be that time frame? i heard people waiting longer or is that for long stay visas?

online form also asks how long you plan to stay on the short single entry visa shall i just put 90 days?

also this is the list

isa Application Requirements

1. Application Form (www.visas.inis.gov.ie) – signed by applicant
2. Visa Category – correctly entered
3. Letter of Undertaking signed
4. Company original letter
5. Reference Letter from Ireland
6. Bank Statements/ pay slip – 3 to 6 months
7. Accommodation Details
8. Flight Itinerary
9. Travel Insurance
10. Birth cert/ Marriage cert (must be translated in English by sworn translator)
11. Copy of current passport + visas (validity of passport – more than 6 months) and previous passport
12. 2 Photos with white background 3.5 x 4.5 (zoom 80%)
13. Visa application fee IDR 500,000 (non-refundable)
14. Visa application process 4-6 weeks
** Please make 2 sets of all documents
The Consulate will NOT keep your original documents, however we will need to see and verify the original passport and birth/marriage certificate and then return to applicant.
**PLEASE SUBMIT THE DOCUMENTS IN ORDER AS ABOVE
Incomplete documents are not accepted.

would some of this be N/A?

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:37 am

Jambo did an excelent guide to EEA route, I suggest you read it http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html

That list is a load of bol****s

1. Application Form (www.visas.inis.gov.ie) – signed by applicant OK
2. Visa Category – correctly entered To Accompany EEA spouse execising treaty rights
3. Letter of Undertaking signed n/a
4. Company original letter n/a
5. Reference Letter from Ireland n/a
6. Bank Statements/ pay slip – 3 to 6 months definately none of theier business so n/a
7. Accommodation Details n/a
8. Flight Itinerary ok they can have a copy of travel tickets
9. Travel Insurance maybe
10. Birth cert/ Marriage cert (must be translated in English by sworn translator) marriage certificate only
11. Copy of current passport + visas (validity of passport – more than 6 months) and previous passport yes
12. 2 Photos with white background 3.5 x 4.5 (zoom 80%) standard passport photos
13. Visa application fee IDR 500,000 (non-refundable) dont know what IDR 500,000 is but the fees should only be about 50 quid however the directive says no fee should be required, this is a debated subject but it seems a small fee can be applied14. Visa application process 4-6 weeks

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:41 am

People have commented on various length of stay on the visas. its irrelevent, once your wife is in the country she is there as the wife of an EEA member and has the same rights as her partner. That is to stay there for up to 90 days, butwill be extended once you submit the EU1 form.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:48 am

The Directive

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:en:PDF

Print it out, read it, study it, UNDERSTAND IT, keep a copy of it when you travel.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:00 am

Thank you very much for your help, yeah 500,000IDR is there local currency which translate to £25 which isn't to bad compared to the crazy UK visa price only to get refused. we paid 160 pounds and lost it so depressing plus all taxi fees to keep going to the place we applied at the time

yeah i will study the form....thanks for sending the information i greatly appreciate it

also do you think it will take 4-6 weeks as they say? maybe quicker? just hope not longer!!!! we desperately need to get working

also by the time we reach ireland we may only have 5k left in the bank think we can survive until we find jobs on this money? will be about 6k euros

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:11 am

4-6 weeks sounds too long, your application should be an expediated process as required in the directive, although they could argue docs back and forth between Ireland/Indonesia could cause delay, I would say 21-28 days would be fair.

You should be ok at 5k, cost of living is high in Ireland as is rent for accomodation, I'm looking at perhaps going there at end of January and its truly frightening me. e400 plus a month for rent if you can find someone willing to let to a non Irish. Fuel for heating/cooking is high cost, work possibilities are very poor.

I've been trying to legalise my girls stay here for over 2 years, its a long and painfull road, as it is she has to go back to Philippines at end of November and out plan is to get married in Hong Kong the go to either Cyprus Malta Bulgaria or Ireland, each has its merits.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:31 am

Hello

yeah which country will be good for work? i heard ireland suffered a lot during the recession, guessing more jobs nearer dublin, hopefully some of my Dads family can help us in the early days which will save rent (hopefully) and i plan to bring my car over from the UK on a Ferry.

A wedding in Hong Kong sounds great. yeah i hope the torys get voted out or something happens to change this unfair 18600 rule. dividing familys up is shameful while at home plenty still get in illgally and british are the ones paying the price having to live abroad.

not been home since september 2013 as i met my to be wife aboard a cruiseship we worked on together and came to Bali after we finished our contracts

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 am

must emphasize that you should read my tag line, I am old and know I am prone to making mistakes. There are plenty of younger wiser faster brains on this forum so you should have a good look round and read other posts to form a more solid opinion.

Google C-456/12 print it out and read it, its from last march and handy to know.

Study the INIS and GNIB websites to understand what they want of you

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 am

Thank you, well i am 29 and half so not getting any younger :p but sounds like you know a lot. but yeah i will read around but it was as i thought why should i need to provide all those documents when she is my wife, i figure just a general word doc they send out and probably more applicable to someone applying for a visa on there own.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 am

Dont believe all you read in the media, theres about 3.5 million EU immigrants in the UK but equally theres about the same number of brits living in the rest of Europe, its swings and roundabouts and verbal dioreah to win votes.

Your wife being an Asian lady will no doubt find it easy to get a job as a comfort keeper (HCA) in an old folks home. You will need to find at least 10 hours a week but that should be ok if you are young and fit.

I'm incapacitated so my hope is to do it as self-sufficient. Which is where the ultra low cost of living in Bulgaria is attractive.

Not only work prospects but how easy or difficult to get the visa, family permit etc need to be born in mind. I rate this as 1 Bulgaria 2 Cyprus 3 Malta and a long way off 4 Ireland.

Cyprus and Malta have good holiday maker trade so work in that line should be possible, especially for you as you say you worked the cruise ships.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:48 am

Your wife must stress on the application that she is applying to "accompany an EEA citizen who is exercising treaty rights". Its a totally different ball game to applying under National rules.

The treaty right you are exercising is TFEU 21 the right to move freely around the EU which allows you to go to any EU state for up to 90 days and your wife to accompany you. Theres no requirement to work study or anything else, you can just sight see if you want.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:09 am

Thanks again for all the advice, yeah ireland for us is the better choice because of my family history and links there but also i be close to my parents in the UK who can get the ferry or plane over to help us if needed. I think you are right my wife will get work very easily prob easier then i will, will she be entitle to work if she got a job offer before me do you know?

also that is good advice, we state that in a letter we send to them that she accompany me or will that be on the application form?

fingers crossed it all be ok but i will ofcourse carry on my research etc. to be honest if we get jobs in ireland i am not totally against even staying there for a while, either way we have to prove our centre of life is there, the good thing is i not been the uk for over a year and my wife never been so the centre of life test to re enter the uk shouldnt be to hard to prove when they see how long i been out the country for.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:35 am

Theorectically she has the same rights as you so is allowed to work but,,,,,,who is going to take her on without proof that it would be legal.

When you get there you need to get proof of accomodation, can be rental agreement or letter from landlord etc. You will both need to get PPS number (same as you would have a NI number in UK) and go to GNIB to register, initially as just being in the state, they should give you temporary cards, hopefully hers will have a temp stamp 4.

Opening a joint bank account is good. Try to create a paper trail. TV licence, membership of library, letters from official offices , register with doctor etc. Change your driving licence to an Irish one, you are supposed to let Swansea know of change of address anyway. Check your motor insurance to see if you are covered for travel in another state, Aviva and Saga allow unlimited but maybe should shoud take out fresh in Ireland.

Yes she can work even if you are not.

You will be ok to pop back to UK if you need sort things there, the plane is only like £27 so no big deal. Ferry and train for me is £80 return so worth considering.
Rent in or near the cities is going to be a lot higher, you may be looking at e800 plus a month to need to be thought about, as you are taking car maybe further out and commuting is better.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:43 am

I was googling C-456/12 i am a bit confused with the legal langage, did they change the law?

Yeah i read a lot about the paper trail etc to show the centre of life no sense. its sad its become like this i mean i am a british citizen and got less rights. if my grandfather was alive he be so sad whats happening to the UK, its so sad both my grandfathers fought for our country and this is how the brits get treated

sorry for my rant. if ireland works out i thinking might not even go back to uk

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:53 am

Not changed the law but it was to clarify it. The UK is raising false barriers to freedom of movement and the EU are trying to put them in their place. Its worth boning up on the different cases in case you need to go for an appeal at a later date.

Ireland does look a nice place. I was considering buying a semi derelict place to renovate and rent out to others doing the treaty route, kind of Surinder Singh Lodge. Looking on Daft.ie theres places around £20-25k which is not a big mortgage maybe £400 a month over 4 years so could be cheaper than renting and would have something to show at the end of the day.

http://www.daft.ie/ agood place to look to gauge accomodation prices.

Hows about a 3 bedroomed place for £20k? http://www.daft.ie/sales/knockduff-uppe ... rk/999412/#
About 30 miles from Cork so cummuting distance. .6 0f an acre so you could just about be self sufficient off that, lol

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:32 am

wow 20k for a house, yeah ireland has a lot of property unlike UK. yeah the UK barriers are over the top but its a catch 22 without the EU people like us would be in trouble but at the same time its the uncontrolled immigration of the EU thats led to married couples being attacked! we are the easier targets they can stop to bring the numbers down. really uk needs to leave the EU and revise its entire visa stance and not punish married couples really just need to check marriage is genuine and allow the application done.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:18 pm

Woke up and my back was really giving me jip, had a stonker of a headache to go with it, ah well things have to be done. Went to ATM and drew out a wad of cash, its bill paying and shopping day, lean on a trolley around Tesco, damn theyve had a move around and I cant find anything, making my shopping twice as long, and when I do theres a bunch of gophers in the way so I cant get to it.
The travelator not working so I hump my bags down the stairs, go pay them bills and feel so sad theres not much left in my pocket. Loads of lights on red on my way home and when I get there some toerag has nicked my parking spot so I have a long painful walk with them bags.

You know what fella, a little cottage in the country is so appealing. In the UK theres a dividend to pay to live in the sticks, theres places around here that cost millions, literally. I'm old so gave up on thoughts to have my own place years ago, but my girl came along and my outlook is broadend.
I spent two years in the army in Germany in the seventies but not left these shores since, now to be with my girl I'm going to have to go to the Philippines then hop to Hong Kong then find a safe haven somewhere in Europe. Ireland has strong possibilities to become the place I lay my hat, and get away from the rat race.

As for immigrants and immigration, well I'm not a devout Christian unlike my girl but I dont think its right to place myself any higher than anyone else on this world. Last week over a thousand people drowned off Malta and Egypt trying to find a better life and that hurts me. Why the hell they want to come here baffles me, its not the land of milk and honey they might think it is.

I've read the posts on this forum for years and the pain and stress that couples go through to be together is horrible. Theres an Aswang in the Home Office who thinks only those with money have a right to be in a relationship. If a couple love each other they will do everything, give up everything they have just to be together, people have given their lives trying to be with the ones they love. Money dont count for diddly squat.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:23 am

I know totally where your coming from. I am using my life savings from when i worked in the supermarket as a teenager (money i never touched and saved) to marry my girl hopeing it will keep us together because the whole visa thing is just painful even for me in her country, every 3 weeks i have to pay them to extend my visa.

Yeah i was looking at property in ireland there are many houses for 400-500 euros a month, between both of us working that should be ok right? do you think we can both find jobs easily in ireland though? she wants to try work in a hotel again and i am happy doing anything from admin to bar work or any video work if i can pick it up.

your post really is so true everyone should be entitled to love who ever they wish regardless where they are from! i hope it works out for you! hong kong wedding sounds amazing. my girl is christian to :)

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:41 am

Lol theres no romance to the Hong Kong wedding. Can be booked online, fly in no visa needed, marry in solicitor office and fly out. Can be done in two days and marriage cert is in English and recognised in UK.

My girl gets her decree absolute today from UK court but Philippines dont allow divorce so when she goes there in November shes still married the divorce wont be recognised. So we cant get married there.

The job situation in Ireland is worse than the UK. In the cities would be more opportunity but cost of living will skyrocket.