ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish FBR process - London Consulate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Seabass
Newly Registered

Irish FBR process - London Consulate

Post by Seabass » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:59 am

Hi,

I'm writing this post extremely nervous of what the potential outcomes could be!!! I have submitted all required documentation for registration of my Foreign Birth Certificate with the Irish Consulate in London. I have a few questions which i was hoping someone could ease my nerves!

1) How long is the process currently taking? I've seen some great turnaround stories of 10 -15 days and seen some terrible ones of nearing 6 - 7 months! I'm in quite a pressurised environment and am needing it within the next 6 weeks! Is this possible?

2) What forms of proof of address do they accept? I submitted about 5 different forms (non with photo ID) so as to ensure they had no problems with it, however am nervous!!

3) Do they have any follow up questions? If so, what usually is the nature of these? I submitted all documentation per the online application but not too sure what else may be required. Can anyone help?

As you can see very nervous about the process, so any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thank you

sweetbeatrice
Newly Registered

Re: Irish FBR process - London Consulate

Post by sweetbeatrice » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:07 pm

Hello! I know it is nerve-wracking to wait to hear back. I don't know if I can help with timing, because I filed from the US, and all our processing is done directly through Ireland.
1) How long is the process currently taking? I've seen some great turnaround stories of 10 -15 days and seen some terrible ones of nearing 6 - 7 months! I'm in quite a pressurised environment and am needing it within the next 6 weeks! Is this possible?
For me, It took about 5 or 6 months, but again, I had to mail all paperwork directly to Ireland - not through a consulate. and I don't know how much longer it makes the process.
2) What forms of proof of address do they accept? I submitted about 5 different forms (non with photo ID) so as to ensure they had no problems with it, however am nervous!!
I submitted a utility bill and a health statement (from my insurance company) along with certified copy of my driver's license /ID that also had my home address.
3) Do they have any follow up questions? If so, what usually is the nature of these? I submitted all documentation per the online application but not too sure what else may be required. Can anyone help?
No follow up questions with me. They just took a while to process everything.