ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Passport for a Child

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Johnkenn

Irish Passport for a Child

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:47 am

Hi Everyone,

Can someone help me here. I married to an Eu citizen 2010, WE had our fist child December 2011.I just want to know if she qualify for Irish Passport? My Eu wife came to Ireland 2008,but only register to get her PPS 2009.

ulishak
Newly Registered

Re: Irish Passport for a Child

Post by ulishak » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:35 pm

"Where a parent is a national of an EU/EEA Member State or Switzerland, the parent must have resided in the island of Ireland for a total of 3 or more years during the 4 years immediately before the birth. That parent's passport, or national identity card, and Declaration Form A (pdf) must be provided. (Declaration Form B is used by a guardian, or somone acting in loco parentis, where the parent is unable to make the declaration.)"

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/tr ... ldren.html

Johnkenn

Post by Johnkenn » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:42 pm

Thanks for you information. My wife only reside here 35 months with some days before the birth of my daughter. So am not sure if she qualify for one.

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Parent is EU/EEA/Swiss national
If your child has a parent who was born within the EU, the EEA or Switzerland, include these documents with their passport application:

Your child's original long-form birth certificate.
The passport or national ID card of the parent who completes Declaration Form A.
Proof of residency from that parent, who must have lived in Ireland for three of the four years before the child's birth.
Tax records from that parent, including P60, P45 and P35L certificates.
Records of any social welfare benefits or statement from the Department of Social Protection confirming that the parent received benefits and giving exact dates.
Declaration Form A - this is a sworn statement by the parent, giving details of their period of residency in Ireland. It must be properly witnessed.
You may also submit other original documents to fill any gaps in periods of residency. These could include pay slips, utility bills, an official rent/lease agreement, a rent book or bank statements showing local transactions.

Just wait few months and then apply.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:55 pm

35 month months and few days is similar to 36 months in a way.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors