ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

irish visa query

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ahsan225
Newly Registered

irish visa query

Post by ahsan225 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 am

Hi all,

I am in a bit of a confusion here. Any help will be appreciated. I am a Pakistani national currently resident in the UK with my wife and child.

1. I have received my Critical Skills Employment Permit from the DJEI and need to make a visa application. As far as I know, I am able to apply for my dependents at the same time. Can someone let me know what documents do i need to attach for the dependent applications and how long they take to process ( I understand they would be processed together with my application. Please advise if it is not the case)

Please help as there is not much guidance specific to Critical Skills employment permits.

Kind regards,
Ahsan225

jamaal

Re: irish visa query

Post by jamaal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 am

Hi Ahsan,

I am in a same situation however i was already in Ireland when i got job offer and CSEP. I got my visa directly from immigration office and GNIB here. Then my spouse applied for her visa from Pakistan. It is more than 4 months and there is no reply yet. However, I started working and living in Ireland while waiting for her visa.

I would recommend you to apply yours and family visa together. Friend of mine told me, his friend and family got visa in 9 weeks (Same CSEP). I am not sure if you can apply from the UK. But sure apply together. Apply for Long term visa on inis website. You do not need to worry about finance, your contract is sufficient to prove your projected earnings and adding some bank statements would benefit your case. Hope this helps Thanks

Salam,

ahsan225
Newly Registered

Post by ahsan225 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:46 am

jamaal wrote:Hi Ahsan,

I am in a same situation however i was already in Ireland when i got job offer and CSEP. I got my visa directly from immigration office and GNIB here. Then my spouse applied for her visa from Pakistan. It is more than 4 months and there is no reply yet. However, I started working and living in Ireland while waiting for her visa.

I would recommend you to apply yours and family visa together. Friend of mine told me, his friend and family got visa in 9 weeks (Same CSEP). I am not sure if you can apply from the UK. But sure apply together. Apply for Long term visa on inis website. You do not need to worry about finance, your contract is sufficient to prove your projected earnings and adding some bank statements would benefit your case. Hope this helps Thanks

Salam,
Aoa Jamaal,

Thanks for your input here. I am ok with applying for dependents together. However, for a dependent visa ( I believe it will be join non-eu family- Other) they ask for acomodation documents as well. Moving from the UK, I will be staying in a hotel for a week or two while I view properties to rent. How do I get around that?

We can apply in person at the Irish Embassy London. The processing time for employment visas is around 7 working days. I wonder if they would issue the dependent visas at the same time though.

Kind regards,

Ahsan

jamaal

Post by jamaal » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:08 am

Yes that is good Ahsan, I do not think they would ask for accommodation. My company gave me 2 weeks hotel so i attached that but I do not think it is necessary.

Yes, it will be Non-eu join spouse for ur wife and non-eu join parent for your child. Make separate applications for all three of you. Yourself, I am pretty sure you need just re-entry visa and this will speed your process and surely you all will get visa together. May be it takes 7 days from the UK, but from Pakistan it took around 9 weeks. I think, if you submit three applications together you will get result together.

In any case you would need accommodation, if company is not providing, I'd recommend to use booking .com and it will book for free. I think this might speed up and you might get visa very soon.

If your employer states the date of your start, lets say 1st of december, I think you iwll get visa before this date.

Goodluck.

ahsan225
Newly Registered

Post by ahsan225 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:27 pm

jamaal wrote:Yes that is good Ahsan, I do not think they would ask for accommodation. My company gave me 2 weeks hotel so i attached that but I do not think it is necessary.

Yes, it will be Non-eu join spouse for ur wife and non-eu join parent for your child. Make separate applications for all three of you. Yourself, I am pretty sure you need just re-entry visa and this will speed your process and surely you all will get visa together. May be it takes 7 days from the UK, but from Pakistan it took around 9 weeks. I think, if you submit three applications together you will get result together.

In any case you would need accommodation, if company is not providing, I'd recommend to use booking .com and it will book for free. I think this might speed up and you might get visa very soon.

If your employer states the date of your start, lets say 1st of december, I think you iwll get visa before this date.

Goodluck.

I am going to attach a booking from Booking.com for 10 days. what would be a good place to start looking for permanent accommodation? any pointers would be appreciated.

Salam.

jamaal

Post by jamaal » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:16 pm

great, where are you going to work? Dublin? which area in Dublin?