ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italian would like to marry a Filipina in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

halfluke
Newly Registered

Italian would like to marry a Filipina in Ireland

Post by halfluke » Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:52 am

Hi all,
several months ago I was working in UK and I subscribed to this forum for infos.
I've just come back after 6 months spent in the beautiful Philippines, and I'm relocating to Ireland to work this January.
Since in Ireland there is no fiancé visa unlike in UK, I'm wondering whether a tourist visa for a Filipina would work, and whether we could get married once she is in Ireland with a tourist visa.
Thanks in advance for any reply or for suggestions about different options.
P.S. I can use the "search" button and I'll keep using it, but I also wanted to open my own topic :)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:12 am

Have you read the posts from this member here? Her E.U spouse is Irish living in Ireland, but you will find some useful info.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=shelley

halfluke
Newly Registered

Post by halfluke » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:39 am

thank you. I'll have a look at it.

halfluke
Newly Registered

Post by halfluke » Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:22 pm

Ok, I've read it.
It's quite interesting (and not encouraging), but that case is a bit different since they are already married.
What if I would like to get married in Ireland?
In case we are able to obtain a tourist visa for her (not easy I know), would she be allowed to get married in Ireland or not, according to the law? (Let's also assume I'm Irish; it shouldnt be different for an EU citizen anyway)

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:21 pm

halfluke
Newly Registered

Post by halfluke » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:06 pm

Thank you, it seems I hadn't used the search function well enough.
I hope you don't mind if I post here again, it's a very stressful process and I will need some support.
Regards

halfluke
Newly Registered

Post by halfluke » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:16 pm

I see, so the problem is not actually to get married in Ireland when you hold a tourist visa, the problem is more to be granted a tourist visa itself.

Now I need to look for infos about all the documents required by both of us to get married in Ireland in case her request for a tourist visa is accepted.

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:40 pm

Since you are a E.U citizen, your case will be considered under E.U law rather than Irish national law if you are married to a Non-E.U national. Therefore you will have a good possibility of bringing her under a spouse visa if you are already married to her.The E.U spouse visas are not rejected unless there are very very strong reasons.

If you look at the visa decisions posted online by the INIS you will find very few rejections of applications under 'spouse of E.U citizen'.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/more&Mod ... +Decisions

I think it will be better for you to get married abroad and apply for a spouse visa under E.U law otherwise if you apply for a visit visa there is a good possibility of rejection.

Even if she manages to arrive here on a visit visa,there are many delays in getting appointments for the wedding dates, and you might not be able to get an appointment within the 3 month visa period...or you can register for the wedding right now and you can apply for the visit visa after you get an appointment for the wedding at the Marriage Registrar.
Last edited by archigabe on Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

halfluke
Newly Registered

Post by halfluke » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Thanks Archigabe, you are so helpful.
Actually, only some approvals after appeal, I couldn't find any refusals in that file. Good news. The best option seems to get married in the Philippines, as you said.

Please don't close this thread: I didn't say it, but she has to go through the whole annulment procedure as a first step. (her husband already lives with another woman and has another kid with her ... the usual stuff in the Phils...)
She deserves a chance to have a new life.

So I'll update this thread from time to time if you don't mind: estimated time, 1 year at least.
But I learntto be patient a long time ago :)

Regards

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:51 pm

thanks and good luck! do keep us posted.