ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

job situation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing

job situation

Post by robsters » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:59 pm

anyone have any ideas for the job situation in Dublin Ireland we been here 1 month now and i am still jobless, its extremely depressing and my wife is starting to lose hope in the situation....starting to wonder if we should of choose another eu country

jeupsy

Re: job situation

Post by jeupsy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:20 pm

I am not familiar with the job market in all EU countries, but I would say Ireland's is one of the easiest ones to join: no need to learn a new language if you speak English but no other EU language, many companies are more open to foreign workers than in other EU countries, and with less restrictive employment laws and an economy that is recovering employers would be less worried about hiring new staff than in most of continental Europe.

New one issue might be that there still is a big divide between qualified professionals for areas which are in demand (IT, accounting, ...) for whom there are plenty of opportunities, and the rest of the workforce which is not always seeing the fruits of the recovery.

Sorry I know it doesn't help you - but I would say stick around a bit longer and you should be able to find something.

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Robster,
The job market is abit weird here, I got a job working in the cinema after 3 months cos my husbands visa was about to expire and we have to the eu1. Most jobs are advertised by recruitment agencies which I think makes it harder. I used to go to the mall just to see if any shops have a vacancy sign on their window. That might help also try jobs.ie and irish jobs.

robsters
Member of Standing

Post by robsters » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:35 pm

had 2 job interviews on friday, had my time wasted with a trail takeaway place, does a sales job with basic hourly salary ok for eu1 form ?

Leinsterimmig
BANNED

Post by Leinsterimmig » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi Robsters,

Yes. A sales job with basic wage is sufficient to show that you are exercising your rights in he state.
pm me for email address as it's not allowed on the open forum

alphagear
Member of Standing

Post by alphagear » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:00 pm

edited.