ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Join Irish Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sarah1980
Newly Registered

Join Irish Spouse

Post by sarah1980 » Mon May 18, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi All,

I would like to know how long the visa process take from Pakistan to join Irish spouse?
I would be very thankful for your answer.

Thanks,
Sarah

sarah1980
Newly Registered

Re: Join Irish Spouse

Post by sarah1980 » Sat May 23, 2015 9:43 am

Guys still waiting for your answer..help please

Sarah

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Sat May 23, 2015 2:58 pm

I think that the reason why you haven't got an answer is because there isn't an official timescale to process an Irish spouse visa. The INIS website says that: 'Applications can take up to 12 months to process. Applications are dealt with in chronological order of receipt.'

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024#Howlong

I have read of people waiting 4 to 6 months but, as it says above, it can take much longer.

Have you considered moving to the UK with your spouse through the EEA regulations? I don't know if it suits you but it would be processed much quicker than the Irish spouse visa. You can have a look through the regulations here: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit. Just something to thing about. It won't suit everyone.

throwaway_tiff
Newly Registered

Post by throwaway_tiff » Tue May 26, 2015 9:57 am

I don't think it matters where you're from as they process the visa based on a first come, first served basis. The website says Join Spouse should be processed within six months, but can take up to 12 months if they need to verify some docs, etc.

Mine took nearly four months. It sounds like a short time, but really, the wait was excruciatingly long.

neuron

Post by neuron » Tue May 26, 2015 3:33 pm

It also depends on what kind of work permit your spouse has.

If it's a Critical Skills (formerly Green Card) permit, they advertise to approve Join Spouse visas within 6 months. Realistic wait time has recently been 3-4 months.

If it's a regular work permit, they advertise to process them within 12 months. So you may be in for a longer wait, in that case.

sarah1980
Newly Registered

Post by sarah1980 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:31 am

Than you all :)