ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Last Year before Application Vacation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

berytus
Newly Registered

Last Year before Application Vacation

Post by berytus » Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:10 am

Hello,

I'm a resident in Ireland and in my final year before naturalisation. Due to the nature of my work, I travel often for long periods of time, sometimes exceeding 3 weeks. Are there any laws against traveling for this long during your last year before application? I know that during my last year I must "Have had a period of 365 days* (1 year) continuous reckonable residence in the State immediately before the date of your application for naturalisation" What does 1 year continuous rechonale residence mean? How long can I be out of the country for?

Thank you in advance,
Omar

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Last Year before Application Vacation

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:33 am

Until last year there was no such reckon-able period that you should be in or out of the country. Yes they were saying about 90 days but they didn't really cared about it. But now they ask the below question in the naturalization application form:

"If you have been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years, you are required to provide details of all of the absences from the State on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application".

mumairsharif

Post by mumairsharif » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:52 pm

berytus wrote:Hello,

I'm a resident in Ireland and in my final year before naturalisation. Due to the nature of my work, I travel often for long periods of time, sometimes exceeding 3 weeks. Are there any laws against traveling for this long during your last year before application? I know that during my last year I must "Have had a period of 365 days* (1 year) continuous reckonable residence in the State immediately before the date of your application for naturalisation" What does 1 year continuous rechonale residence mean? How long can I be out of the country for?

Thank you in advance,
Omar
It means that you should have any gaps in your stamp & physically present for at least 183 days.

mumairsharif

Post by mumairsharif » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:53 pm

berytus
Newly Registered

Post by berytus » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:51 am

Thanks, any other tips?