ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter sent to Inis maybe lost with bank draft

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stuffedcabbage
Newly Registered

Letter sent to Inis maybe lost with bank draft

Post by stuffedcabbage » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:10 pm

Last week I've got my approval letter and immediately sent in the fees (in form of Bank Draft and plus other required documentation) to the address mentioned on the approval letter via registered post.

The tracking information confirms it's been delivered last week Thursday morning.
I've heard on this forum earlier that someone else did similarly the week before and two days later he received confirmation for July 4th ceremony.

So I thought OK, let's ask INIS if I also qualify for the same date.
To my surprise they haven't heard about my letter yet! And they promptly requested my tracking number what I provided today morning. And no answer since....this spells trouble.

Did the Post ever loose for anyone their letter with the fee sent onto INIS?
By the way when I asked in the Post Office to insure the letter they refused to insure it (based on that they do not insure a bank draft because it cannot be redeemed by anyone else than the addressee).
So at the end I had to send it simple registered.

What if they really lost it? What can I do?

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:19 pm

Don't panic :-) An Post definitely could loose letters (they have lost one of my bank drafts in the past), but if the tracking says it was delivered and has the name/signature of the person who took delivery, mostly it is stuck in a pile of documents at INIS and hasn't made its way to the right office yet.

But even if it got completely lost, it is not your fault and INIS will probably just ask you to send another draft.

In that case you can just go to the bank with the receipt for your lost draft. They will have you sign a document to confirm it has been lost or destroyed and refund you the full draft amount (but probably not the issuing fee which is just a few euros anyway). And you can just get another one and send it to INIS.

exam

Post by exam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Doing everything so quickly doesn't mean that you will be called for the 4th July ceremony.

The information you provided is more of being impatient, hold on.

Go to the bank with bank drafts' receipt and they will let you know the status (i.e. draft is deposited/cashed or not).

Please try to mention the dates, rather than week, two days...which week, which two days. We just finished with a long weekend, a lot of staff is on holidays from my office, might be the same with INIS. So give them bit of time.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 pm

exam wrote:Doing everything so quickly doesn't mean that you will be called for the 4th July ceremony.

The information you provided is more of being impatient, hold on.

Go to the bank with bank drafts' receipt and they will let you know the status (i.e. draft is deposited/cashed or not).

Please try to mention the dates, rather than week, two days...which week, which two days. We just finished with a long weekend, a lot of staff is on holidays from my office, might be the same with INIS. So give them bit of time.
It does make a difference if you send the required fee and documents as soon as possible!. I dont wanna write details as to why but it is very advisable to send everything immediately as soon as you got an approval letter!.

@stuffedcabbage never did anything wrong by doing that.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

sun_in_rome
- thin ice -

Re: Letter sent to Inis maybe lost with bank draft

Post by sun_in_rome » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:24 pm

stuffedcabbage wrote:Last week I've got my approval letter and immediately sent in the fees (in form of Bank Draft and plus other required documentation) to the address mentioned on the approval letter via registered post.

The tracking information confirms it's been delivered last week Thursday morning.
I've heard on this forum earlier that someone else did similarly the week before and two days later he received confirmation for July 4th ceremony.

To my surprise they haven't heard about my letter yet! And they promptly requested my tracking number what I provided today morning. And no answer since....this spells trouble.

By the way when I asked in the Post Office to insure the letter they refused to insure it (based on that they do not insure a bank draft because it cannot be redeemed by anyone else than the addressee).

Did you called them or emailed them???? :?: :?: :?: :?:

laspo24

Re: Letter sent to Inis maybe lost with bank draft

Post by laspo24 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:18 am

stuffedcabbage wrote:Last week I've got my approval letter and immediately sent in the fees (in form of Bank Draft and plus other required documentation) to the address mentioned on the approval letter via registered post.

Think am in same situation as you...as sent a mail to Inis regarding if I will be among September 22... only to be asked for my tracking number. ..which I gave to them, till now no more information from them...who has their number pls?