ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Living outside EEA with EEA wife and willing to move EEA

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

umairzafars
Newly Registered

Living outside EEA with EEA wife and willing to move EEA

Post by umairzafars » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:03 pm

Hello everyone.
I am new to this thread and not sure if this topic has already been discussed.
I am a Pakistani national and living in Pakistan with my UK national spouse and 3 months old baby boy. By profession i am software engineer with around 7 years of experience. My spouse got UK nationality through her mother and she has never been to UK.

We are planning to move to Ireland and i have done some research on it. It seems quite easy to move to Ireland at least on papers but i dont know about the hidden contents and what people have to face while applying for permanent residency.

Things i know: I can go with my spouse to Ireland on visit and there we can apply for permanent residency. We need to fill out the form EU1. For EU1 form UK national should be either employed, self employed, student or have sufficient resources.

Questions:
1. What kind of jobs she can do so that we can apply for PR? She has a degree in mathematics.
2. Can i apply for job during the processing of PR?
3. As a software engineer, how easily can i get a job with enough salary to support my 2 dependents?

Site visited:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Please help me out. Did anyone here had the same situation and successfully applied for PR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Living outside EEA with EEA wife and willing to move EEA

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:17 pm

You only get PR after 4.5 or 5 years residence. You need to focus on getting to Ireland and EU1 first instead of worrying about PR.

You need a visa to enter Ireland and their is currently a backlog (some from 2015) of over 7,000 applications submitted from India/Pakistan etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

umairzafars
Newly Registered

Post by umairzafars » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks for your response. Can i stay there during the processing of EU1 and apply for jobs? What about my 3 months visit visa? What difficulties can i face if that process takes more than a year?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:18 pm

umairzafars wrote:Thanks for your response. Can i stay there during the processing of EU1 and apply for jobs? What about my 3 months visit visa? What difficulties can i face if that process takes more than a year?
You may do so if you apply for Residence Card and your wife is Exercising Treaty Rights there.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

umairzafars
Newly Registered

Post by umairzafars » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:31 pm

I also checked that there are delays in issuing temp stamp 4. Can i stay there without issuing of stamp 4? My major concern is that if there are delays in the Residence Card then can i stay there during that process? stamp 4 will allow me to stay and work as well. But you get stamp 4 for short period.
Obie wrote:
umairzafars wrote:Thanks for your response. Can i stay there during the processing of EU1 and apply for jobs? What about my 3 months visit visa? What difficulties can i face if that process takes more than a year?
You may do so if you apply for Residence Card and your wife is Exercising Treaty Rights there.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:35 pm

Yes you can.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors