ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term residency processing time down to 3 months

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Long term residency processing time down to 3 months

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi all,
I found in the justice department home page that, the processing time of the long term residency isdown to 3 months.
I think that is a big move as I remember mine took 15 months and I thought that I was lucky.
Hopefully that become the new trend for all the departments over there, or the citizenship guys wake up to the reality that there are some other employees doing their work and became more efficient and speed up the processing time.
peace on you

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:55 pm

Applications for Long Term Residency - We are currently processing applications for Long Term Residency received in the latter 3 months of 2010

thats what is says on the website dont understand what latter 3 months means..i got mine after 26 months so looks like they are doing a good job after they started getting €500

Wisco

Post by Wisco » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 am

It means the last 3 months of 2010 (Oct-Dec).
Funny how money makes the world go round. Or makes some LTRs appear.
Now if they'd only speed up the citizenship apps.....

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Post by ikoonman » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:16 am

One would think that because of the austerity measures and the mass exit of Irish because of massive pay cuts, joblessness, tax increases etc they'd welcome the foreigners with open arms to help pay back this massive amount of debt.

If the Irish leave, and the foreigners, who'll lighten the burden then? They will be working towards paying off IMF/EU loans for the next 500 years.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:31 am

This very much welcomed. About time too. If they can only get off their 'hind and do the same for Naturalization.

Aceform
Member of Standing

Post by Aceform » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:36 am

9jeirean wrote:This very much welcomed. About time too. If they can only get off their 'hind and do the same for Naturalization.
you still waiting for your naturalization approval 9j?

aswadref

Post by aswadref » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:13 pm

i was looking at some other forum someone who applied in feb 2010 got approval last week so its lot better than before..money makes lot of difference

joker
Ireland

Re:

Post by joker » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:41 am

[quote="ikoonman"]One would think that because of the austerity measures and the mass exit of Irish because of massive pay cuts, joblessness, tax increases etc they'd welcome the foreigners with open arms to help pay back this massive amount of debt.

the locals are leaving because they are no available jobs meanwhile the foreigners are recruited - irony :twisted:

southernboy
Newly Registered

Re: Long term residency processing time down to 3 months

Post by southernboy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:27 am

I applied for my extended residency back in September of last year and it has still not been excepted or denied...so not sure where they are getting their three months from. When I applied their website said Six to Eight months but I am past that now.