ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

long term residency question

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

banana07
Member of Standing

long term residency question

Post by banana07 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:17 am

Hey guys.. an ex-coworker in ireland applied for LOTR based on work permits etc etc and they sent him a letter asking for employment letter and contact which is fine, however, the inis site says the process does not include this step, so was wondering if that means they want to just delay him more and more or thats normal? and if so, how long it takes to get the approval once he submit such documents to further processing team? anyone gone through the procedure, please shed a light.

the reason he did not apply for citizenship because his origin country does not allow dual citizenship.
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

Re: long term residency question

Post by 110 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi,

It usually takes 6 to 9 months, and yes they are very particular about your current Job status, even if u have worked here 10 years and if you loose your job just before applying for LTR, they will refuse your application.....hmmm .. :-)

But thats the way it is.

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:54 pm

Thanks 110 i know that.. My question is once docs submitted is it another 1 millions months or that means they send back the fee request immediately and thats it? ie. is it in final stage now or there is still further and further processing?
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

Post by 110 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:31 pm

banana07 wrote:Thanks 110 i know that.. My question is once docs submitted is it another 1 millions months or that means they send back the fee request immediately and thats it? ie. is it in final stage now or there is still further and further processing?
I think it will be quicker after them asking for employment contract details, as most of the 6 months your file is just sitting there waiting for its turn, so if they have already started looking into it, i don't think its going to take considerable amount of time, also i have read somewhere ( cant remember exactly where) that LTR folks get your garda report from pulse rather then the garda vetting guys, so its much quicker.