ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ltr or citizenship.. what next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

carmy
Newly Registered

ltr or citizenship.. what next?

Post by carmy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:59 pm

Hi

I am unsure what our next steps should be.... should we apply for long term residency, another stamp4 eufam visa or just citizenship... ?

Here is a breakdown of our dates.
For me and my sons
01 Aug 2010 - Entry without leave to remain
04 Apr 2011 – application refused
17 Aug 2011 – Review successful, 5 year stamp4 eufam in passports
........... we do not have any other stamps in our passports.. long story here http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1084114

For my mother
01 Feb 2013 – First application made, received temp stamp4 eufam in passport
01 Aug 2013 – application refused
14 May 2014 – Review successful, 5 year stamp4 eufam

thank you kindly.

adelmurray

Re: ltr or citizenship.. what next?

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:41 pm

for you and your sons, starting from 17th of August 2011 until august 2016 that is your 60 months legal residency which will be recognised for citizenship , once your current EUfam stamp4 is about to expire renew it straight away , do not switch/apply for LTR it takes ages for approval and that could be a lost time , plus staying on your EUfam Stamp4 is more favourable than the LTR .so once you have your new eufam Stamp4 in your hand , immediately apply for your Citizenship .

as for your mother again it is the same thing just the dates are different , so calculate from 14 may 2014 until May 2019 .

Good Luck .

carmy
Newly Registered

Post by carmy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:23 pm

thank you for reply.

Would the letters i have from INNIS not be taken as substitutes for stamps? As Garda confiscated my passports at entry and therefor i could not supply them for application.
Non-EEA nationals
Residency permissions are evidenced by stamps in your passport, while additional periods may be covered by letters that were issued by the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service granting you permission for a specific period from or to a specified date. Please note that any failure to register with the Garda National Immigration Bureau within a reasonable period will be taken into account in assessing your application.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000025

thank you

banana07
Member of Standing

Post by banana07 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:37 pm

sorry, but how and why they took your passport and let you in?! can you clarify pls
I'm officially diagnosed with INIS "processing" phobia

carmy
Newly Registered

Post by carmy » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:11 pm

they took my passport at Cork airport on arrival, please read long version here... http://www.immigrationboards.com/irelan ... l#p1084114

the letters he gave me at the airport said that the non national is not in a position to support themselves and the other letter stated reason to believe that the non national intends to enter the state for purposes other than those expressed.... Not that he asked me about money and i clearly stated i was joining my husband that was waiting to collect me from the airport.

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:33 pm

as far as i understand only letters that were issued and clearly specify that INIS has Granted you permission to reside will be taken into account , other letters such as refusal or acceptance at port of entry do not count .(that is my understanding anyway) .

for example : a letter was issued to you from INIS stating that leave to remain was granted , but you did not Register yourself with the GNIB only a month or two later for whatever reasons , then the date of the letter will be taken into account rather than the day you registered with the GNIB .i hope that this answers your question , but if unsure please ask the Citizenship section of the DOJ.

Good Luck with your future applications ...