ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor naturalisation application Thread

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Mon May 21, 2012 11:43 am

PIKKA wrote:
adlexy wrote:
blue bird wrote:
dhang wrote:
my point is, do not expect approval for your minor son yet if neither you nor wife is not naturalised yet.
But he born in Ireland and he has been her for more than 5 years!!
Blue bird,

You are very unlikely to get approval for your son.

The conditions for a CoN for a minor are clear - at least one of the parent must be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Except, either one of you have been in Ireland at least 3yrs at the time of his birth. In which case, you apply for his Irish passport and not a CoN because he is automatically an Irish citizen.

Please note that the number of years a minor has been in Ireland is not relevant if any of the parent are not Irish or have stayed on the Island of Ireland at least 3years at the time of his/ her birth.

The following may be of interest to you:

A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000023

All the very best :)
adlexy
I am not agree with you one can apply his/her minor's citizenship after 5 years if the minor was born in Ireland
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms

Form 11 is for this purpose
I agree with you Pikka
peace on you

adlexy

Post by adlexy » Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
PIKKA wrote:
adlexy wrote:
blue bird wrote:
But he born in Ireland and he has been her for more than 5 years!!
Blue bird,

You are very unlikely to get approval for your son.

The conditions for a CoN for a minor are clear - at least one of the parent must be entitled to Irish citizenship.

Except, either one of you have been in Ireland at least 3yrs at the time of his birth. In which case, you apply for his Irish passport and not a CoN because he is automatically an Irish citizen.

Please note that the number of years a minor has been in Ireland is not relevant if any of the parent are not Irish or have stayed on the Island of Ireland at least 3years at the time of his/ her birth.

The following may be of interest to you:

A person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 to parents, at least one of whom was an Irish or British citizen or entitled to reside in the State or Northern Ireland without any restrictions on his or her residence, has an entitlement of Irish citizenship. Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident* in the island of Ireland for a period of not less than three years and neither parent was entitled to diplomatic immunity in the State.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP11000023

All the very best :)
adlexy
I am not agree with you one can apply his/her minor's citizenship after 5 years if the minor was born in Ireland
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ci ... on%20Forms

Form 11 is for this purpose
I agree with you Pikka
You are right guys - I got that wrong!

Actually got it mixed up with a completely different discussion on topic with someone whose child was brought into the state and not born in Ireland.

Sincere aologies for the incorrect information :)

All the best with the application..

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Guys! if somebody is not sure about any information, don't indulge yourself in issues you are not sure about please!! Thank you PIKKA for the clarification!!

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Thu May 24, 2012 5:40 pm

Guys, at last I got the CON of my son, I got his approval on 12/03 and sent the 200 euros and pictures next morning and just today I got his CON
Good Luck to all who are waitting and wish you all the best
peace on you

dhang

Post by dhang » Fri May 25, 2012 8:24 am

IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys, at last I got the CON of my son, I got his approval on 12/03 and sent the 200 euros and pictures next morning and just today I got his CON
congratz, hoping to get CON for my daughter today.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri May 25, 2012 9:34 am

[quote="IRISH PHAROE"]Guys, at last I got the CON of my son, I got his approval on 12/03 and sent the 200 euros and pictures next morning and just today I got his CON
Good Luck to all who are waitting and wish you all the best[/quote] congras

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri May 25, 2012 9:39 am

IQU wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:Guys, at last I got the CON of my son, I got his approval on 12/03 and sent the 200 euros and pictures next morning and just today I got his CON
congras
thanks IQU
peace on you

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Fri May 25, 2012 9:42 am

dhang wrote:
soon for sure dhang, by the way I rang the helpline yesterday before getting the CON by post and a nice lady told me that they printed the CON and they are sending it, after that by 30 minutes I found the postman knocking the door with the CON in his hand.
peace on you

dhang

Post by dhang » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:59 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dhang wrote:
soon for sure dhang, by the way I rang the helpline yesterday before getting the CON by post and a nice lady told me that they printed the CON and they are sending it, after that by 30 minutes I found the postman knocking the door with the CON in his hand.
Received my daughter's CON today.

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 am

dhang wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dhang wrote:
congrats dhang
peace on you

dhang

Post by dhang » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:59 pm

IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dhang wrote:
IRISH PHAROE wrote:
dhang wrote:
congrats dhang
thanks a lot irish pharoe

blue bird
Newly Registered

Post by blue bird » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Guys i need your help please! i applied for my child on July 2011, and to this moment i haven't received any fedback from them, eventhough i got the citizenship in Dec last year, at the same time my kid was born her in ireland in 2005! any clue or advice i should do regarding that please! thanks indeed.

technocrat11
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:06 pm

Glad to share an update on Naturalisation for my son and daughter(Both Minor):

Applied on Dec 21,2012
Acknowledgement Received: Jan 24,2013
Approval Letter received:25 March, 2013

Just in 3 months.What a speed.All the Credit to Alan Shatter.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:37 pm

technocrat11 wrote:Glad to share an update on Naturalisation for my son and daughter(Both Minor):

Applied on Dec 21,2012
Acknowledgement Received: Jan 24,2013
Approval Letter received:25 March, 2013

Just in 3 months.What a speed.All the Credit to Alan Shatter.
Credit to Alan Shatter indeed for speeding up the process.

We should also note that it shouldn't take longer than a month to process a certificate of Naturalisation for Minors. The reason is that Minors are not subject to Investigations and endless documentation like adult applicants. All that is needed are proofs of entitlement to citizenship and school letter or something like that
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

technocrat11
Newly Registered

Post by technocrat11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:42 pm

You are absolutely right IntegratedMigrant, but in comparison to the time taken till few months back and in this case, it is really a good achievement.Thats why all the Credit to Alan Shatter.

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Minors who live here for 5 years legally with their parents should be granted citizenship despite the fact if their parents have one or not! These kids are Irish and have no were to go or belong to

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:44 pm

moro1 wrote:Minors who live here for 5 years legally with their parents should be granted citizenship despite the fact if their parents have one or not! These kids are Irish and have no were to go or belong to
I dont think that the Government actually care about that, and I mean most if not all European Governments.

They dont care if people are miserable or not, they just put the Law for their own good

moro1

Post by moro1 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:52 pm

IntegratedMigrant wrote:
moro1 wrote:Minors who live here for 5 years legally with their parents should be granted citizenship despite the fact if their parents have one or not! These kids are Irish and have no were to go or belong to
I dont think that the Government actually care about that, and I mean most if not all European Governments.

They dont care if people are miserable or not, they just put the Law for their own good
For instance someone who lives here since the age of 1,2,3 or 10 or 11 for years and years goes to school do his junior cert and leaving cert then having to deal with all the stress of fees and applying for college then apply for citizenship and wait for another 2 years or more
At least in other European countries as fat ad I am aware that minors are automatically granted when they are 18.
Other places such as the uk the parents can apply for themselves and their kids at the same time and will get a response in 2 months
No chance for comparison :D

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:23 pm

moro1 wrote:For instance someone who lives here since the age of 1,2,3 or 10 or 11 for years and years goes to school do his junior cert and leaving cert then having to deal with all the stress of fees and applying for college then apply for citizenship and wait for another 2 years or more
At least in other European countries as fat ad I am aware that minors are automatically granted when they are 18.
Other places such as the uk the parents can apply for themselves and their kids at the same time and will get a response in 2 months
No chance for comparison :D
There is no automatic right to citizenship anymore for children of non-EU nationals unless their parents meet the requirements.

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Any latest news on naturalisation certificate for minors?...

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Any latest news on Minor Naturalisation Applications?

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:00 am

Good news...My daughter applied 6th of Feb 2013 and was granted this morning(4/6/13)

Babz
Member of Standing

Post by Babz » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 am

Babz wrote:Good news...My daughter applied 6th of Feb 2013 and was granted this morning(4/6/13)
Finally, my daughter received her certificate of naturalization this morning (13/6/13)...Payment was made on 4/6/13...Makes it about 5-6 working days..
All major obstacle has been crossed.
Next thing is her passport which is minor...

IRISIND
Newly Registered

Post by IRISIND » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:40 pm

[quote="dhang"][quote="IRISH PHAROE"]Guys, at last I got the CON of my son, I got his approval on 12/03 and sent the 200 euros and pictures next morning and just today I got his CON
Good Luck to all who are waitting and wish you all the best[/quote]

congratz, hoping to get CON for my daughter today.[/quote]

Hi IRISH PHAROE , dhang
Could you please post the date / month when you applied for the Naturalisation for your kids .

NewIrish

personal identification number

Post by NewIrish » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:27 am

Hi All,

I am filling the forms for my kids... what is the personal identification number? it is not the PPS correct?