ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland from US

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

geaarz
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland from US

Post by geaarz » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm

Hi All,
I tried searching but didn't find my exact situation, please point me in the right direction if I missed something.

My wife and I would like to move to Ireland sometime in 2016. I have a bachelors degree in IT and she has a bachelors in Biology. We both have entry level experience with our career paths here in the US.

We have both found a few jobs that we would qualify for over here but aren't so sure how easy it would be to get one. It seems like companies will not even consider us if we are not already there.

I've been reading around and believe that we can move there for up to 3 months to job search as 'visitors'. Is this correct? What do you think our chances are (if we don't have any luck before moving) that we land a job before the end of those 3 months if we move there and get a cheap apartment and use that as a base to send out CVs?

Thanks for your help!
Kyle

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Moving to Ireland from US

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:52 pm

You didn't mentioned ur nationalities ? I would take u both are US citizens. If this is correct than you can come to Ireland as a visa free for three months on a visitor visa. Please note: If the immigration officer find out ur intentions that u will stay here for long i.e. u r coming for job he might cancel ur entry and send u back to US. Most of the time customs r looking for thing like CV's/ educational docs and they would know even from a distance that ur intention is not as a visitor only and u will live here illegally.

So make sure u should not carry CV etc etc....

Next, before u move here and spend time looking for a job, than why not find a job online and enter Ireland on a Green card (employment visa). This would be the right step to take. As you are working in IT, Ireland is lucky enough to have some of the great multi nationals here. Ireland is also an IT hub in Europe and employers would happily sponsor you if you have the right skills.

My friends from Pakistan working in IT got successfully obtained their Green cards without traveling even for an interview.

So your best shot should be to apply for the jobs online and travel to Ireland on employment visa.

Any question, let me know.