ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland with dependant who is not my child.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Complicated1
Newly Registered

Post by Complicated1 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:19 pm

Hello Everyone,

I'm a UK resident currently living in the U.K., moving to Eire for work under EU migrant worker status. My wife is a Filipina non EU along with her 5 year old daughter.

I'm unsure how this works and would appreciate any help with this.

I married my Filipina wife in September 2016, She is still residing in Filly with my step daughter. She has applied for a new passport which she has an appointment on th the 22/12/16 which will then show her new family name. We have undated permission from my wife's daughters father as an Affidvd stating freedom to travel for an unspecified time anywhere in the world.
I am planning on applying for a D Visa Family and fly from Filly via London in February as a family. Is the visa hand written as I have seen and how long does it take.
I am also aware of the CFO stamp and Seminar
Is there anything else I am missing to complete the move. Once in Ireland we want to settle and become Irish Citizens. I have a good job lined up and I'm panicking that I've missed something.
We will be following the EU migrant worker with non EU wife and dependant child route

Thank you to everyone who replies in advance.

noajthan

Re: Moving to Ireland with dependant who is not my child.

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:32 pm

To avoid confusion & jumbled responses, I have moved your question to its own thread (this one).
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Complicated1 wrote:Hello Everyone,

I'm a UK resident currently living in the U.K., moving to Eire for work under EU migrant worker status. My wife is a Filipina non EU along with her 5 year old daughter.

I'm unsure how this works and would appreciate any help with this.

I married my Filipina wife in September 2016, She is still residing in Filly with my step daughter. She has applied for a new passport which she has an appointment on th the 22/12/16 which will then show her new family name. We have undated permission from my wife's daughters father as an Affidvd stating freedom to travel for an unspecified time anywhere in the world.
I am planning on applying for a D Visa Family and fly from Filly via London in February as a family. Is the visa hand written as I have seen and how long does it take.
I am also aware of the CFO stamp and Seminar
Is there anything else I am missing to complete the move. Once in Ireland we want to settle and become Irish Citizens. I have a good job lined up and I'm panicking that I've missed something.
We will be following the EU migrant worker with non EU wife and dependant child route

Thank you to everyone who replies in advance.
Mabuhay!
Sounds great.

You may need to beef up permissions from father. A genuine affidavit should be notarised, fully stamped and dated.

Make sure documentation for child is rock-solid to avoid any future disputes or roadblocks.
Is child's passport in order?

Get as much as you can to prove relationship and dependency on mother. Including birth certificate, baptismal certificate.
Affidavits from Barangay captain, local priest, NSWD & similar may help too.

Get up to speed on free movement here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/citizen/doc ... 013_en.pdf

A C-type visa would be enough to get family into country. Then EU treaty rights kick in.
Be aware of considerable delays in Eire with processing of visas and also with EU-related docs in general.

And be aware that due to Brexit wife and child may not have time to acquire PR in Eire in the normal way. You will have to see what comes out of any Brexit exit strategy but at least getting into Eire is a start.

Good luck.

Complicated1
Newly Registered

Post by Complicated1 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Thank you for your replies

I have some further questions

I will we leaving the UK to join my wife in the Philippines then flying back to London to catch a connecting flight to Dublin. Do we need a transit visa to fly into London airport?

When applying for a Visa for my wife and her child do we need to apply for a D Visa or a C Visa?
I'm in the middle of sorting out work to start when I get to Ireland. Do we need a home address when applying for the visas or can we just arrive and find accommodation when we get there?
We now have the CFO course booked, it's quite complicated am I missing anything?
Do I as a UK citizen need any docs if I'm exercising my EU rights?

Thank you all one again

noajthan

Re: Moving to Ireland with dependant who is not my child.

Post by noajthan » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:45 pm

Transit visa - no.

C visa. Don't take it for granted - expect delays; plan accordingly.

No accommodation needed, you could just book hotel for couple of nights.

You only need passport..