ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My dependant daughter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jasss88
Newly Registered

My dependant daughter

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:37 am

HI Everyone

I am a british national who has a 26 year old daughter (indian national). I live in the UK and my daughter came to the UK 3 years ago to visit and never returned to India within her visa. She became depressed at the idea of being detached from her siblings and me. We put in a case to the Home Office regarding her family rights and her mental health issues. The home office have refused this. There is no one my daughter can return to in India as the one person there (my mother inlaw) is now in a care home.

My question is if i was to move to Ireland and work and set up life there could me daughter join me from the UK as a dependant??? Im losing all hope as my daughter is self harming due to the stress of being deported back to India. I can and will do anything to keep my daughter safe.

I would really appreciate any advice given.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: My dependant daughter

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:05 am

Hi,

Do you have the documents to support that she is your dependent? This may include money transfers to her accounts and why she cannot work independently?

Ireland is very harsh on the permitted family members nowadays and it may be very difficult to get the visa for her in Ireland.

Have you got her passport or its with HO? If you don't have passport, how will she go to Ireland?

Regards,
Zeeshan

jasss88
Newly Registered

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:45 am

Hi Zeeshan

Yes we have her birth certificate proving i am her mother. My daughter has been in the UK 3 years now and i work to support her and myself. We have doctors letters to confirm she is severely depressed and she is undergoing counselling, she is also self harming. Me and my other 2 children (both settled) take it in turns to always be with her.

The Home Office have her passport.

I honestly am at a lost. Her father left her when she was 15 years old and i am the person she relies on.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:51 am

You'll need her passport if you want to go to another country. You may be able to go to Ireland via road using some other form of identity but as far as I know you will need the passport to apply for her stay in Ireland.

HO may play a hardball and not give you passport back even you withdraw the case.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:53 am

Here is a similar case but they had financial dependency proof and applied from India.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 13575.html

jasss88
Newly Registered

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:54 am

Yes you are right i cannot see the Home Office returning the passport.

I just wish the Home Office would look closely at the case. Im not sure whether a fresh claim could be a way forward.

Regards

jasss88
Newly Registered

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:00 am

Problem we have is my daughter cannot return to India as there was alot of trouble over there and thats why we sponsored her here. Relatives were making false accusations and sending people round to attack or kidnap my daughter.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:08 am

She may qualify as Qualifying Family member.

If you showed dependency. Passport will be returned if you provide evidence that she has left the UK.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jasss88
Newly Registered

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:18 am

I have no issue getting to Ireland.

How would my daughter get to Ireland without her passport???

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:31 am

You can get into a car and try to go to Belfast using a letter with her name on or some other form of photographic identification.

Once in Belfast, drive straight into ROI.

jasss88
Newly Registered

Post by jasss88 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:05 pm

Again worried as if stopped by immigration they might detain her.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by zahmed05 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:10 pm

That's correct and it's a risk.

if she doesn't have a case office then it's highly likely that she may be checked and detained via ferry.

One option could be to put in a fresh application and then travel but this may cost money as they will charge application fee + health surcharge.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:50 pm

If you can show the HO that your daughter wishes to leave the UK, they should return her passport. Although this may only be available for collection at the departure airport.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.