ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Name on Certificate of Naturalization

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Slavuj
Newly Registered

Name on Certificate of Naturalization

Post by Slavuj » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:57 am

Hi All

Two days ago I got my citizenship approval.
I have a question about name on Certificate of Naturalization.
Approval letter stated that my name on above document will be exactly the same as it is on my birth certificate/passport.

Are there any chances to change it?
Is there any point to write a letter to INIS asking/requesting that – if it possible I want to have a different name on my Certificate of Naturalization?
I understand that above certificate is kind of birth certificate for naturalized people.

I do not want change my surname; I am planning change my first name (and get rid of second name; I do not use it). My first name is quite long (it is Slavic/Slavonic name); moreover there are letters which do not appear in English alphabet. Many times people make mistakes. I am using on a daily basis English equivalent of my original first name.

Is there any point send with euro 950 fee, photos and extra letter with request to change my first name?
Maybe it is pointless and only makes that I will not attend next ceremony, but one after that?

Any advice is really appreciated

Regards

rachellynn1972
Member of Standing

Re: Name on Certificate of Naturalization

Post by rachellynn1972 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:20 pm

Its does not really matters now as it may delay your citizenship process. My advice is that when applying for Irish passport, tell them the name you want on your passport, there is a place on the passport application to do that, you can also state you want the original name to be noted on your passport too. But you will have to proof to passport office that you have been using the new name for the passport application for the pass 2yrs with some official document. People do change there name to a different name from their birth certificate so passport office understand these. You can change name through marriage, deed poll etc. But if you cannot show a certificate for the new name. Passport office accept document like social security, work, bank etc that you have been using the name for the pass 2yrs.
beloved is the belief that there are inherent differences in people's traits and capacities that are entirely due to their race, however defined, and that, as a consequence, justify the different treatment of those people, both socially and legally.