ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and adverse UK immigration history

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

madmedman
Pakistan

Naturalisation and adverse UK immigration history

Post by madmedman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:32 pm

Hello there guys. Need a bit of input and advice.
So I sent my application 5 months ago. A week ago was told my application is at an advanced stage of processing. I thought great, I am now only waiting a few weeks at most. Found the envelope at my door and alarm bells started ringing.

They have asked me that "you have history with the UK. Home office data suggest your leave to remain was refused in 2006 and you departed in 2010. If this applies to you please provide further information"... (or something along those lines)

Now its true that my application for further leave to remain was refused but I departed two days after receiving the news from the home office. I am surprised that they would have incorrect data on me. I checked all the stamps in my passport and couldn't think where they got that information from. I checked all my rubbish but couldn't find the boarding pass. Got on to the agent I bought the ticket from and they said they only have records dating back five years. Unfortunately, it wasn't an e-ticket or my email would have had it.

So, in response to the letter, I wrote them back about the fact that I left in 2006 rather than 2010. I also sent them original passport that was valid back then which has an arrival stamp in my country. UK didn't stamp it as I was leaving. Didn't think this will come back to haunt me. I also sent original employment letters from my country covering the period from 2006 to 2010. And a few DBS certs that I got from 2013 and 2014 indicating I had no criminal history in the uk.

I also asked for SAR from Uk and posted the form to them today.

I went through previous posts from other board members but didn't find out how their journeys through irish naturalization ended.

Anything that you guys advice further? I will appreciate it as going through this horrible ordeal is not easy.

mahersab

Re: Naturalisation and adverse UK immigration history

Post by mahersab » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:50 pm

Trust me theyjust press the buttons
Mahersab

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 pm

mahersab wrote:Trust me theyjust press the buttons
Hey. I read you had a similar problem. Could you let me know what happened?

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:23 pm

Surprised they returned my original documents within two days.
I just realised that I made a bit of a blunder. I mentioned in my letter that I returned to a different airport in my home country. Ten years sure can have an impact on ones memory. Do you guys suggest I write back at them to mention and apologise about this mistake?

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:30 pm

Just to update you guys. Today I received the letter indicating "The minister proposes to grant your application subject to the successful completion of the application process" and asking me to pay the fee and send my Garda card with photos. I guess this is it. Its a bit unusual that they asked for my "adverse" immigration history on 2/2/17 and sends me the approval days after receiving my explanation. But all is well that ends well.

james101958
Ireland

Post by james101958 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:14 am

Hi
I have same situation I married to British national now she got Irish passport as well but home office refuse my spouse visa when I am in uk my case in 1st tire tribunal court but I moved to Ireland with my spouse and I got spouse visa in Ireland now next month I am going to apply naturaliation my that uk immigration history will affect my naturaliation application or not because I have visa refusal history in uk and I came in Ireland with my spouse without visa anyone help me plz thanks

madmedman
Pakistan

Post by madmedman » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

james101958 wrote:Hi
I have same situation I married to British national now she got Irish passport as well but home office refuse my spouse visa when I am in uk my case in 1st tire tribunal court but I moved to Ireland with my spouse and I got spouse visa in Ireland now next month I am going to apply naturaliation my that uk immigration history will affect my naturaliation application or not because I have visa refusal history in uk and I came in Ireland with my spouse without visa anyone help me plz thanks
It would be very difficult to predict how your UK immigration history will affect your application. If I were you, I would be prepared from now on and send an SAR request to UKBA immediately. I also suggest you include your history with your citizenship application, including documentation such as refusal letters, etc. I am sure the outcome will be favourable as long as there is no other information to dispute your good character.