ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Application for Minor

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JACKY123

Naturalisation Application for Minor

Post by JACKY123 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 am

Did anybody recently applied for Minor Naturalisation after parents received Citizenship ?

Currently How many months is the whole process taking ?

After applying when full process is completed, do they receive approval letter and citizenship cert ?

Would like to know what is differnt from Parents process.

Any info highly appreciated.

Thanks

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:30 pm

I am in the same situation. called INIS and been told that it could take anywhere between 6-12 months. somebody in this forum told that we will be notified in a letter and then we send 200 euro and get he cert, nop need for court appearance if the minor is age below 16. let me know if you heard otherwise, i am interested to know this too.

JACKY123

Post by JACKY123 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks TRV. I read the same on this forum and somebody mentioned it takes only 3-4 months.

one more question if you know, I have applied for my child last week but the application form returned saying that school letters did not have required information. do u know what kind of informtion to add on school letters pls advice.

cheers
JACKY123

TRV

Post by TRV » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:26 am

school letter should have the date they started school and currently a student etc., the exact format is on INIS webpage under guidelines pdf document.

jhbmike

Re: Naturalisation Application for Minor

Post by jhbmike » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:57 pm

JACKY123 wrote:Did anybody recently applied for Minor Naturalisation after parents received Citizenship ?

Currently How many months is the whole process taking ?

After applying when full process is completed, do they receive approval letter and citizenship cert ?

Would like to know what is differnt from Parents process.

Any info highly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi Jacky
have you thought about maybe phoning INIS, to get an estimate of how long it will take. Im not in the country at the moment or id do it myself.

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:26 pm

6-12 months

old_dublin
Newly Registered

Post by old_dublin » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:22 pm

Has anyone received approval recently for minor application?

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:16 pm

old_dublin wrote:Has anyone received approval recently for minor application?
Nope still waiting, been 3 and a half months now.

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 pm

been told at INIS phone call that currently minor application takes 9-12 months...must been all the pay cuts to govt employees....work to rule...great...

JACKY123

Post by JACKY123 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Hi TRV

Any updat on your Minor Application ?

How long is it taking now for getting Minor appln approval

Thanks

TRV

Post by TRV » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:04 pm

no updtes since then..noone is picking up phones at INIS and I gave up trying,...let it come on its own time...last i heard is 9-12 months processing time for minor applications.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:45 pm

I'm worried that by the time INIS gets around to processing my son's application, he would have already turned 18. I submitted his application about 10 days shy of his 17th birthday.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:58 pm

sideshowsue wrote:I'm worried that by the time INIS gets around to processing my son's application, he would have already turned 18. I submitted his application about 10 days shy of his 17th birthday.
Would that make a difference seeing as he was a minor at the time of the application? For example, if a 17 year old committed a crime, but was 19 at the time of the trial, he would still be considered a minor before sentencing.

Thats a bad example, but Ive been awake for over 24 hours now. :(

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:19 am

IrishTom wrote:
sideshowsue wrote:I'm worried that by the time INIS gets around to processing my son's application, he would have already turned 18. I submitted his application about 10 days shy of his 17th birthday.
Would that make a difference seeing as he was a minor at the time of the application? For example, if a 17 year old committed a crime, but was 19 at the time of the trial, he would still be considered a minor before sentencing.

Thats a bad example, but Ive been awake for over 24 hours now. :(
I think cos his status changes from a minor dependendent at 17 to an adult at 18. What legal status will he have in the country when he reaches 18. I think that is her concern.

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:54 am

Not so much legal status since he has dual French/American citizenship. He doesn't have to register with the GNIB or to ever have to deal with the immigration people in INIS.

On the other hand, I decided to apply for naturalisation for him since he has a keen interest in all things Asian and Japanese. So following his eventual graduation from university, he intends to apply for the JET programme. Now there seems to be some restrictions to this programme about applications from permanent residents of participating countries. So in short, it to facilitate him later on.

I just wonder what happens if the application hasn't been processed before his 18th birthday. Will they simply reject the application and advise that he re-apply as an adult with all of the attendant hassles, delays and residency requirements (namely periods of study are excluded) or will they still approve it?

It's a bit of a muddle really--and a muddle that would be entirely avoidable if INIS actually processed applications in an efficient and timely manner.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:53 am

After making an application for the minor with the required documents, is there anything else required? Further documention?

Or is it just that after the acknowledgement the certificate appears in the post?
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:04 pm

AShawna wrote:After making an application for the minor with the required documents, is there anything else required? Further documention?

Or is it just that after the acknowledgement the certificate appears in the post?
I believe that to be the case. Couldnt see them requiring further information.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:17 pm

jhbmike wrote:
AShawna wrote:After making an application for the minor with the required documents, is there anything else required? Further documention?

You'll probably receive notification for payment of the fee prior to issuing the cert

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP08000088
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

citi
Newly Registered

Minor Naturalisation

Post by citi » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:36 pm

9jeirean wrote:
jhbmike wrote:

Just to inform that I received my minor son's approval letter today. Applied in July 2009. Submitted the documents listed on INIS website for minor naturalisation and never made any phone calls to INIS!

9jeirean

Re: Minor Naturalisation

Post by 9jeirean » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:26 pm

citi wrote:
9jeirean wrote:
jhbmike wrote:

Just to inform that I received my minor son's approval letter today. Applied in July 2009. Submitted the documents listed on INIS website for minor naturalisation and never made any phone calls to INIS!
Thanks for the update. That brings it up to 10 months. I am in the process of sending my child's application too so finger crossed

9j

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:50 am

Congrats Citi pleased for you. Still 10 months is ridiculous when ther are no real checks to do.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:04 pm

9jeirean wrote:
Thanks for the update. That brings it up to 10 months. I am in the process of sending my child's application too so finger crossed

9j
I need info please! I'm about sending my child's application. One of the requested documents is the certified long form certificate.

The birth certificate from our country of birth is not 'long' in any way. I submitted the same kind of birth certificate for myself during my own application and they still requested a Birth Affidavit from me.

*Will this birth certificate be accepted for my child?
*Does a foreign certificate have to be certified by a solicitor as well?
*Will the child (9yr old) be asked for a birth affidavit?

I'd appreciate answers to these questions. Thanks for all your help!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:17 pm

AShawna wrote:
9jeirean wrote:

9j
I need info please! I'm about sending my child's application. One of the requested documents is the certified long form certificate.

The birth certificate from our country of birth is not 'long' in any way. I submitted the same kind of birth certificate for myself during my own application and they still requested a Birth Affidavit from me.

*Will this birth certificate be accepted for my child?
*Does a foreign certificate have to be certified by a solicitor as well?
*Will the child (9yr old) be asked for a birth affidavit?

I'd appreciate answers to these questions. Thanks for all your help!
Hi AShawna,

I am in the same position with you. In the process of sending application for my child as well, just waiting on letter from social welfare as my child is only two years in school.

I concur about the birth certificate not being 'long' :wink:. I do think the cert will be acceptable if it contains the necessary info i.e Father's full name, mother's full name, place of birth, date of birth and child'd birth registration number. Of course, It would have to be officially translated if not in English and the copy has to be certified by a solicitor as per the instruction on form 9.

Takia

9j

TRV

Post by TRV » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:24 am

folks, i have got my son's approval letter this morning. took 7-8 months. applied in sept 2009.

jhbmike

Post by jhbmike » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 am

TRV wrote:folks, i have got my son's approval letter this morning. took 7-8 months. applied in sept 2009.
Thats wonderful. You must be pleased.