ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application: Utility bills (Northern Ireland)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Naturalisation application: Utility bills (Northern Ireland)

Post by chaoclive » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Hi there

I'm just thinking about my spouse's Irish citizenship application. We're very early in the process at the moment but I just want to make sure that I get everything right. He will be applying from Northern Ireland as the spouse of an Irish citizen.

I was just thinking about the proofs that we are meant to provide with the application. The citizenship application form states: "Please submit three different proofs of residence for each year showing your name and address and date of issue i.e. household bills (gas, electricity, phone or cable/satellite TV), bank statements, revenue letters, mortgage agreement, social welfare, letter from employment, doctors letter etc." We will have bank statements for every month (apart from the first when he entered Northern Ireland), as well as Sky bills for every month. However, we don't have gas/electricity statements as our supply is metered and we don't actually have bills. We have letters from the supplier which was sent out at the start when we opened the gas/electricity accounts in our join names. He also has a few letters from the UK government, e.g. proof of his national insurance number, his provisional driving license and proof of registering with a GP a month after he arrived too. We also have a few proofs for other things, e.g. joining the library, some pay slips (his company doesn't really provide pay slips for every week - they're a very small set-up) and he will get P60s etc in due course. We also have our rental agreement which is signed once a year. I guess he could get letters from the doctor's surgery if this would help.

Now, I'm wondering if this body of evidence will be enough to show INIS that he has been residing in Northern Ireland continuously for the required 3 year period? I'm just worried that we will get stung with a nasty surprise when he actually applies. I want to get everything down pat before too much time passes!

Thanks a lot for any opinions you may have!

CC