ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation approval - what evidence is required?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cuddlez
Newly Registered

naturalisation approval - what evidence is required?

Post by Cuddlez » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Hi, i am wondering whether any additional evidence is required once my naturalisation application is approved? I.e. will they require current proof of address and proof of employment or do they not require any additional evidence at that point?

also, has anyone changed their address while their naturalisation application was being processed? how do I go about that (is an email sufficient)? and do i need to provide evidence of the new address?

thanks

KingdomMan

Re: naturalisation approval - what evidence is required?

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:38 pm

Cuddlez wrote:Hi, i am wondering whether any additional evidence is required once my naturalisation application is approved? I.e. will they require current proof of address and proof of employment or do they not require any additional evidence at that point?

also, has anyone changed their address while their naturalisation application was being processed? how do I go about that (is an email sufficient)? and do i need to provide evidence of the new address?

thanks
You MUST notify (by way of writing via post) the INIS if there's a/are change(s) in your circumstances while your application is still being processed. A change of address is a change in your circumstances, therefore, it is in your own good to inform the INIS as soon as possible and a proof of address like copy of your current utility bill showing the address will suffice as evidence.

Cuddlez
Newly Registered

Post by Cuddlez » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:47 pm

thanks for the response.

well first of all, an post is on strike so I cannot post anything at the moment. Second, it will be a while before i get any bill or statement or anything at my new address. you dont normally have a bill straight after moving or even before moving.

So i can notify them of my new address (will probably do it via email and then follow it up with a letter when an post is working again). But it will probably take a while before i get a bank statement or a bill at the new address....

i am just worried it will slow down my application...

KingdomMan

Post by KingdomMan » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Cuddlez wrote:thanks for the response.

well first of all, an post is on strike so I cannot post anything at the moment. Second, it will be a while before i get any bill or statement or anything at my new address. you dont normally have a bill straight after moving or even before moving.

So i can notify them of my new address (will probably do it via email and then follow it up with a letter when an post is working again). But it will probably take a while before i get a bank statement or a bill at the new address....

i am just worried it will slow down my application...
You can ONLY notify the INIS by writing through post. You can achieve that whenever Anpost resume working. I know you can also use a copy of your new tenancy agreement (or mortgage docs) as a proof of address for you to be on the safer side. If you do as required, there won't be unnecessary delays in your applcation process.