ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Cert but No Passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

DukeHazord
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Cert but No Passport

Post by DukeHazord » Thu May 28, 2015 3:23 pm

Hi,
I hope someone can help me here. I am in the process of applying for an Irish Citizenship on the fact that I am married to an Irish Citizen. I meet all the requirements and have all the necessary documents. At the end of the Form 8, the declaration section, there is a section for a spouse to fill. Where she has to sign in and write the date etc. at the end they ask for a passport number. Now, my wife did become Irish but she never bothered to apply for an Irish passport since she travels using her European card from Poland.

What I would like to know, would this be a big issue with the immigration if she leaves that space blank?

P.S: Certified copy of her naturalisation cert is being submitted along with other documents.

KingdomMan

Re: Naturalisation Cert but No Passport

Post by KingdomMan » Thu May 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Its not an issue. all you need do is fill in the space for the passport number as "N/A". Never leave any space blank on the application form.

DukeHazord
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation Cert but No Passport

Post by DukeHazord » Fri May 29, 2015 8:33 am

KingdomMan wrote:Its not an issue. all you need do is fill in the space for the passport number as "N/A". Never leave any space blank on the application form.
Thank you KingdomMan. I will get her to write N/A