ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalised Irish mum - Application minor born in state

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Single_mum
Ireland

Naturalised Irish mum - Application minor born in state

Post by Single_mum » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:26 pm

I need your help pls

I just recently became an Irish citizen in July and i have a 6 year old born in the state after 2005 citizenship change.

I know i was in the process of putting in an application similar to mine for her before i got my citizenship. I've kept it off this long because i was hoping they would change their stance. Her younger sister is Irish because i was legally in the state for 4 years when she was born.

Just wondering if my citizenship changes the application process. Should she not be an automatic citizen or would she need to be naturalised too. It just seems unfair to her to have an Irish citizenship as a naturalised Irish when her younger sister doesn't.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Re: Naturalised Irish mum - Application minor born in state

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:23 pm

Single_mum wrote:I need your help pls

I just recently became an Irish citizen in July and i have a 6 year old born in the state after 2005 citizenship change.

I know i was in the process of putting in an application similar to mine for her before i got my citizenship. I've kept it off this long because i was hoping they would change their stance. Her younger sister is Irish because i was legally in the state for 4 years when she was born.

Just wondering if my citizenship changes the application process. Should she not be an automatic citizen or would she need to be naturalised too. It just seems unfair to her to have an Irish citizenship as a naturalised Irish when her younger sister doesn't.
She can never be entitled to Irish citizen. She must have to apply for naturalisation like anyone else.

You're lucky she is eligible to apply for Naturalisation!. What about people that was born here but their parents have no legal status and they cannot apply for citizenship? What about the same children just in the same situation like your child?

Life is unfair Single_mum, you just happen to realise that now.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Mr integrated my naijaman you said that NEVER maybe your children were out of this period so you can never understand what single-mum is saying when your first child born bfr 2005 is an automatic and another one btwn 2005 and 2008 is an irish by naturalisation which can be withdrawn and another one from 2008 till now is automatic irish which the law certainly saying do not sleep with your wife btw 2005 and 2008 please digest this and say something that we make this children happy

my dear single-mum what can we do thousands of them affected with this unjustified stance, but mind you it ok as for me I will not let the situation determine my princess future because their born to great they will be great in near future in their various competent field, so nothing spoil thank God for every thing My advice pick the form 9 and apply for her/him it does not matter give all them the best you can give they are all irish COUNTRY OF BIRTH forget about tale, give thanks to God on their behalf and be grateful to Hon Minister shatter who gives the opportunity this early or else myself and yourself will answer a lot of question that we dont bargain,
cheers congratulation.

m

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

@divinewill read your Private Message that I sent you few weeks ago!, because you've made such a silly and utter useless comment like this in the past. Let this be the last time you'll ever refer me to a name which I find very offensive!. Take this as a final warning.

courny

Re: Naturalised Irish mum - Application minor born in state

Post by courny » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:49 pm

Single_mum wrote:I need your help pls

yes its unfair. thats life though unfortunately. look at the bright side. your child still become a citizen and was born in ireland. doesnt matter naturalised or not its all the same.
both of them place of birth : ireland
both irish citizens eventually.
good luck :)

Single_mum
Ireland

Post by Single_mum » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 am

[quote="divinewill"]Mr integrated my naijaman you said that NEVER maybe your children were out of this period so you can never understand what single-mum is saying when your first child born bfr 2005 is an automatic and another one btwn 2005 and 2008 is an irish by naturalisation which can be withdrawn and another one from 2008 till now is automatic irish which the law certainly saying do not sleep with your wife btw 2005 and 2008 please digest this and say something that we make this children happy

You know exactly how I feel. I feel it's an injustice. Why should a child born in the state before her sibling be a naturalised Irish and her younger is an automatic Irish. .

Thanks for the heads up. I will apply accordingly but I believe this issue will be raised sometime in the future if not by the parents but by this kids themselves.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:05 am

Single_mum wrote:You know exactly how I feel. I feel it's an injustice. Why should a child born in the state before her sibling be a naturalised Irish and her younger is an automatic Irish. .

Thanks for the heads up. I will apply accordingly but I believe this issue will be raised sometime in the future if not by the parents but by this kids themselves.
It amazes me you took the opinion of @divinewill but refuses to take @courny or anyone elses.

You seem not to know about the Law in Europe and mostly in majority of countries now, you seem to be ungrateful about the opportunities that you have that most people wont have in their life time but whine about it. This Forum is not for such and may be locked or deleted if you continue.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:52 am

@Integrated, singlemum is an adult and can well choose whose advice she takes and whose she dumps in the bin, the last time i checked you have not become a moderator on the forum, perhaps she chose to ignore your comment because it doesn't even her answer questions nor there is any sense in it for her.

Do not threat people about having comments deleted, this is a forum, not a platform for some gang exacting authority they never had.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 pm

@dalebutt where have you been? I have since been expecting your twaddle and nonsensical comments, and there you are making a fool out of yourself, again. The last time I checked you deserve to be banned on sight as far as I am concerned. One of the reasons Im leaving this Forum is because of cancers like you, who do nothing else but spout silly and nonsensical comments to something that has nothing to do with you.

You've bombarded my PM with your Yoruba mentality, were eventually warned by a Mod about the silly comments you made and that wasn't enough of course.

No one asked for your silly and useless opinion!. This is the last time that I'll have anything to do with your silly Yoruba mentality. Note!

divinewill
Newly Registered

Post by divinewill » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:13 pm

please can we all keep silent or else the one who knows best, the second in command for DOJELR will soon banned and deport anybody who doesn't abide with his immig integrated philosophy and professionalism from this blog, :lol:

Here you go again dear integratedimmigrant,who told you most people wont have another opportunity is your chance today it can be someone's turn tomorrow

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:28 pm

divinewill wrote:please can we all keep silent or else the one who knows best, the second in command for DOJELR will soon banned and deport anybody who doesn't abide with his immig integrated philosophy and professionalism from this blog, :lol:

Here you go again dear integratedimmigrant,who told you most people wont have another opportunity is your chance today it can be someone's turn tomorrow
And I quote: ''This is the last time that I'll have anything to do with your silly Yoruba mentality''. That applies to you as well.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 pm

divinewill wrote:please can we all keep silent or else the one who knows best, the second in command for DOJELR will soon banned and deport anybody who doesn't abide with his immig integrated philosophy and professionalism from this blog, :lol:

How is it is chance? this is a forum right? he will rant on as usual if you knew him, you put him in his place doesn't make him anymore important. self glorying boy asking for a mod for appreciation, apparently for doing what no one has even done eh? Eyes roll!