ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for Minor-GNIB Number

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

9jeirean

Naturalization for Minor-GNIB Number

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 am

I am in the process of applying for naturalization for my child. Part of the question on the form requests for the child's GNIB reference number. As far as I am aware children are not issued GNIB cards. Will it suffice to write the mother's GNIB number in this column as both mother and child arrived and legally registered in Ireland same day and had been having their residency renewed in tandem since arrival?

Thanks guys
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

sideshowsue

Post by sideshowsue » Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm

Since my son holds a French passport, I just wrote Not Applicable: EU National. I remember being puzzled about the question as well.

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Thu May 06, 2010 5:57 pm

sideshowsue wrote:Since my son holds a French passport, I just wrote Not Applicable: EU National. I remember being puzzled about the question as well.
Thanks sideshowsue. I am sure there are others who have gone through the process. Will appreciate input please.

Many thanks

9j

AShawna

Re: Naturalization for Minor-GNIB Number

Post by AShawna » Fri May 07, 2010 10:21 am

9jeirean wrote:I am in the process of applying for naturalization for my child. Part of the question on the form requests for the child's GNIB reference number. As far as I am aware children are not issued GNIB cards. Will it suffice to write the mother's GNIB number in this column as both mother and child arrived and legally registered in Ireland same day and had been having their residency renewed in tandem since arrival?

Thanks guys
I think this applies to children 16 and over as they are issued GNIB cards/numbers at this age though they are still minors technically until 18.

I just submitted my child's application and I left this field BLANK. The application has been acknowledged and a reference number has been issued so I believe all is in order.
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

9jeirean

Post by 9jeirean » Fri May 07, 2010 1:47 pm

AShawna wrote:
9jeirean wrote:I am in the process of applying for naturalization for my child. Part of the question on the form requests for the child's GNIB reference number. As far as I am aware children are not issued GNIB cards. Will it suffice to write the mother's GNIB number in this column as both mother and child arrived and legally registered in Ireland same day and had been having their residency renewed in tandem since arrival?

Thanks guys
I think this applies to children 16 and over as they are issued GNIB cards/numbers at this age though they are still minors technically until 18.

I just submitted my child's application and I left this field BLANK. The application has been acknowledged and a reference number has been issued so I believe all is in order.
Thanks a million AShawna.

Gandhai

Post by Gandhai » Mon May 10, 2010 11:30 am

Thanks guys
I wrote , still minor, no GNIB .application was accepted and i got acknowdment.