ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Baby born ~35 months of residency - Irish citizenship?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brbzull
Newly Registered

New Baby born ~35 months of residency - Irish citizenship?

Post by brbzull » Wed May 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi, need to ask something, we are non-eu citizen and we have a new born baby boy last month, we being here for 3 years now, but at the moment that the baby was born we had 34 months and 28 days o reckonable residence in Ireland, though I have my work permit since 3 years(at the moment of birth) I guess it will not count as I can only count ~35 months with proper stamps in my passport. Did anyone know any similar case? do they had the baby irish citizenship?

thanks in advance.

Oscar.

jumanufer

Re: New Baby born ~35 months of residency - Irish citizenshi

Post by jumanufer » Fri May 20, 2016 10:08 am

brbzull wrote:Hi, need to ask something, we are non-eu citizen and we have a new born baby boy last month, we being here for 3 years now, but at the moment that the baby was born we had 34 months and 28 days o reckonable residence in Ireland, though I have my work permit since 3 years(at the moment of birth) I guess it will not count as I can only count ~35 months with proper stamps in my passport. Did anyone know any similar case? do they had the baby irish citizenship?

thanks in advance.

Oscar.

Oscar unfortunately you need 36 months so the baby is not entitled
Nevertheless if I were you I would apply anyway. Nothing venture nothing gained

brbzull
Newly Registered

Post by brbzull » Mon May 23, 2016 11:02 am

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I'll do it anyways but just wanted to know if anyone knows any case, I do know one, but they were from EU.

Thanks,
Oscar

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon May 23, 2016 1:50 pm

I think the previous contributor may be wrong, the period counts from the time the minister grants you permission in the state and not when the Garda stamp the leave on your passport.

Also see Sulaimon -v- Minister for Justice Equality and Law Reform.

Your child may well be an Irish Citizen at the time of his/her birth.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors