ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Citizenship Application Form 8. Six (6) Weeks Absence.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

osbit
Newly Registered

New Citizenship Application Form 8. Six (6) Weeks Absence.

Post by osbit » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Friends:

A new citizenship application form, form 8, is now available. The form now requires:

If you have been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years, you are required to
provide details of all of the absences from the State on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.
[Page 2/16]

How do you guys feel about it. I myself bit confused now. My spouse was out of Ireland for around 12 weeks. Do you guys think that it will have a negative impact? I think this change was introduced after Mr. Alan Shatters' resignation.

Please provide your comments that how you will document it if you are about to apply for citizenship in the coming days/weeks.

Thanks.

Good day.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: New Citizenship Application Form 8. Six (6) Weeks Absenc

Post by CalvinKlien » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:30 pm

Its not a good news especially for the people living in Ireland from Asia, Australia, Africa etc. They normally go for hols after 2 years and stay for about 6 to 8 weeks especially in the kids school hols as the flights r expensive and long distance. Not a good news at all.

bebo1901

Post by bebo1901 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:06 pm

osbit wrote:
If you have been absent from the State for more than 6 weeks per annum in any of the past 5 years, you are required to
provide details of all of the absences from the State on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.
[Page 2/16]

What are we in school?! if we are "so Irish" like that, why are they slowing down the process, they should give us the citizenship straight then if they don't want us to be missed :D

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes possible due to a change of leadership in the department of justice...

As long as they don't systematically use this to refuse people, I don't think it is a scandalous question.

A friend of a friend got citizenship whereas he only actually lived 2.5 years in Ireland. The rest of the time he somehow managed to keep his immigration status and had an address here, but he was only in the country one or 2 weeks per year.

This should definitely have disqualified him, but based on the old form he was able to hide that fact without lying as he was actually never asked about it - he just provided his addresses and proofs of legal a status as requested.

Based on the new form he would have to choose between disclosing this relevant fact or telling a lie.

amison79

Post by amison79 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi guys

i thnk there shud not b any panic with ths. thy r just askng for details, if!!!!! im sure it shud not make much of a difference in gettng citizenship at a fast pace.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 am

I dont see an issue just yet - they are only askling for anything over 6 weeks.

alegalalien

Post by alegalalien » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:19 pm

If you guy read the whole paragraph, the reason to check absent duration is to make sure you are physically staying in the state for the last 5 years.
This requirement applies only to applications based on 5 years of residency not for 3 years requirement for Spouse of Irish nationals.
In short, the requirement is getting more strict.

pyramid stone
Ireland

Post by pyramid stone » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 pm

After Mr.Alan Shatter I have had said get ready for the HRAD DAYS guys and everyday i see I am right .

osbit
Newly Registered

Post by osbit » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:30 pm

Friends:

Thanks for your comments.

Generally speaking, many countries ask about "country of usual residence" means where you spend most of the time in a year. The term country of usual residence varies from country to country. Here the limit is just six weeks absence

Alegalalien I know it applies to 5 year residency. Me and my spouse are non-EEA nationals. So my spouse will apply in couple of weeks time, I will apply later.

Regards

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:00 am

6 weeks is just a joke. In the UK they are looking for 90 days (3 months) which is an acceptable duration outside the country. In school hols people always go to their grand parents for longer period of time. Six weeks are absolute joke.
We will all miss Alan Shatter days.....

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:43 pm

With all these useless terrorists piling up across the globe and become cancer to every society, I'd reckon they want to make sure none of the would be Irish citizens might had been recruited and trained by these godforsaken al-qaeda.

If you are reading this refrain from being an extremist as that will tarnish Irish citizenship.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

Yana31

Post by Yana31 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

If these are the new requirements we should just conform with them, end of! I am sure there is a very good reason behind it. :D

SelectMe

Post by SelectMe » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:42 pm

I always felt it odd, if one has gap in residency, one have to wait for that gap period before making application. On the other hand someone who has valid stamps, but living out side the state could have applied for citizenship and got it no problem. I know, where friend of mine on Green Card, his wife never worked, (well not her fault, state never let her work and she never could secure a SWP) and finally gave up, and she stayed most of the time back home, but kept visa valid. when she applied Citizenship, no problem approval, where as, one who was physical present in this country, always working, from last five years, have a gap of 50 days and asked to wait 50 days and then apply!

deltaman
Newly Registered

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi, My spouse went 6.5 weeks out of the state during her 5 years reckonable residency. Is it Ok to apply based on residency calculator? Or Does she has to wait for another 6.5 weeks to apply?

irishmanbd
Newly Registered

Post by irishmanbd » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:56 pm

hi, can any one tell me, I have 5years residency in Ireland stamp 4 eufam. I am going to apply naturalization on mar 2015. my question is can I go to holiday to my country for 3 months before applying naturalization. this is paid holiday. On new naturalization form has a new rule that I have to explain if I absent from Ireland more then 6 weeks. Will I have any problem for my application. It will be helpful for me if anybody has this information.

laspo24

Post by laspo24 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:06 pm

[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]
irishmanbd wrote:hi, can any one tell me, I have 5years residency in Ireland stamp 4 eufam. I am going to apply naturalization on mar 2015. my question is can I go to holiday to my country for 3 months before applying naturalization. this is paid holiday. On new naturalization form has a new rule that I have to explain if I absent from Ireland more then 6 weeks. Will I have any problem for my application. It will be helpful for me if anybody has this information.
If I were u, I would stay back just to avoid been turned down. Think few ppl ve had their application town down bcos of that.

therobot
Newly Registered

Post by therobot » Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:00 pm

I have a question regarding the "6 weeks Absence per year" clause.

I am looking into applying for citizenship and normally go on holidays abroad for 5 weeks (non-continuous weeks). In the last 5 years I have had business trips outside of Ireland for one or two weeks during the year. As a result I ended up with around 7 weeks (non-continuous) for one of the last 5 years. Does that mean I do not comply with the 6 weeks absence clause?

It is not entirely clear to me if they are stating more than 6 weeks at any given time (continuous) as to prevent people from living outside or just 6 weeks even if it is for holidays and spread throughout the year.

jani12
Newly Registered

Post by jani12 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:58 am

i there, I have 2 questions in relation to 6 weeks absence,

1. Does this period of absence works by Calendar year ? Let's suppose if I left State on 16th Dec 12 and came back after six weeks in Jan 13, does the number of days that belong to Dec should be counted towards the time outside state in CY 12 orCY 13?

2. My second question is in relation to the time outside the the state in last 5 year's during NON reconable period, do we need to give details of period of absence during NON reconable period?

Thanks